taisen's fried onion rings. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a I have been trying to make fried onion rings but always failed. I found this recipe and tried exactly as the recipe and it was a huge success. One of my all time favorite fast foods are onions rings.
An onion ring is a form of appetizer or side dish commonly found in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and some parts of Asia, mainland Europe. These deep-fried onion rings are made with an egg batter. Use sweet onions and add your favorite seasonings to these top-rated fried onion rings. You can have taisen's fried onion rings using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of taisen's fried onion rings
- You need 1 of one to two medium to large onions.
- Prepare 1 of flour.
- It's 1 of italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of one beer any kind you like.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of salt ( I only use about 3 to 5 turns of the sea salt ).
- It's 1 of old bay ( I only use about 2 to 3 teaspoons ).
- It's 1 of garlic powder ( I use about 4 teaspoon ).
- You need 1 of italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of season salt ( I use 1 teaspoon ).
- You need 1 of extra virgin olive oil ( if you don't have that any oil will do ).
- It's 1 of wine ( if you wish to try both like I did. I made one batch with wine and the other with beer ) optional . I recommend the beer :) . I used Rolling Rock.
- It's 1 of plate and paper towels.
Deep fried onion rings are one of our guilty pleasures. We don't make them often, so they are a real treat when we do. Onion Rings is a galactic legendary plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Mega-Grow class.
taisen's fried onion rings instructions
- peel , rinse and slice onions to desired thickness.
- in a bowl combine flour and all seasonings / spices. mix well.
- add in one beer slowly and mix well. try not to make this to watery as it won't stick to the onion as well.
- in another bowl add Italian bread crumbs and add seasonings to make it more flavored. mix well.
- if you want to try the wine do another bowl same as first but instead of beer use wine..
- put oil in a heavy skillet and get it hot. you should be able to tell if it is hot by sprinkling a few drops of water. it will sizzle ( make sure you have enough oil in the skillet so the the onion rings float and don't touch the bottom of the skillet ).
- get a plate or two and fold some paper towels on them so that they can be put there when finished cooking them.
- dip the onions in the wet bowl first. cover as much of the onion as you can.
- take the onion and dip and cover it completely with the dry mix. you can do a double coat of each if you like but I stuck to one coat.
- careful to not splash the hot oil put the onion in the skillet..
- turn rings over a few times and get them crisp to your liking.
- repeat with all onion slices.
- when they are done cooking put them on a plate with paper towls to soak up any extra oil on them.
- serve warm or hot and enjoy..
The onion rings are then fried or baked. (Frying onion rings always ends up with the best results, but who wants to mess with all that frying oil unless you're already planning to fry something more substantial - like a chicken?) Baked rings have a tendency to not be crispy or crunchy and somehow. Making your own Beer Battered Onion Rings couldn't be easier. Here I'll show you some tips and tricks to getting teeth-shatteringly crispy Onion Rings! How to prepare onion rings (Quick Summary). Full coat in a flour mix.