Chicken Satay Curry.
You can have Chicken Satay Curry using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Satay Curry
- It's 2 of chicken breasts or 4 thighs cut into bite sized pieces,.
- Prepare 1 tin of coconut milk (reduced fat recommended),.
- It's 2 of heaped tbsp deep roast peanut butter,.
- You need 1 handful of chopped fresh coriander,.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped into chunks,.
- Prepare 125 g of mangetout and baby corn,.
- You need 2 tsp of medium curry powder,.
- Prepare 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soft brown sugar,.
- You need 2 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger puree paste,.
- It's 2 tsp of fish sauce,.
- Prepare of Ground white pepper and salt to season,.
- It's 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- You need of To garnish (optional):.
- Prepare A few of crushed unsalted peanuts,.
- It's 2 of red chillies, stalk and seeds removed, chopped finely,.
- Prepare of Some chopped fresh coriander leaves,.
- It's 2 of wedges of fresh lime.
- It's of Serving suggestion:.
- You need of Steamed white rice.
Chicken Satay Curry instructions
- Heat a wok up over a medium heat. Add the coconut oil. Once melted add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Fry until fragrant then add in the chicken pieces. Fry until the chicken is cooked and golden on all sides..
- Season with salt and a pinch of ground white pepper. Add the mangetout and baby corn. Fry for a further 2-3 mins. Next add in the curry powder, the peanut butter and the light soy sauce. Gently stir through to coat the chicken and veg. Pour in the coconut milk and add the fish sauce plus the brown sugar. Stir then bring to a gentle simmer..
- Simmer until the sauce has reduced down by half and thickened. Before serving add in half of the chopped coriander and mix through..
- Serve up and garnish with fresh chopped red chillies, coriander leaves and some crushed peanuts. Add a couple of wedges of fresh lime on the side. Eat and enjoy! :).