Vickys Pumpkin Pasta Sauce GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Pumpkin Pasta Sauce GF DF EF SF NF using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Pumpkin Pasta Sauce GF DF EF SF NF
- It's 2 clove of garlic, skin left on.
- You need 35 grams of pine nuts (1/4 cup) or sunflower seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter.
- It's 1 tbsp of finely chopped dried onion.
- It's 220 grams of pumpkin puree (1 cup).
- It's 180 ml of coconut cream / heavy cream.
- You need 120 ml of chicken stock or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 25 grams of grated parmesan-style cheese (1/4 cup, I use 'Veganic' brand, gf, df, sf, ef).
- You need 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- It's 225 grams of gluten-free pasta of choice to serve, most dry pastas are also egg free.
- You need of Pecan Topping.
- It's 30 grams of pecan nuts, roughly chopped (1/4 cup).
- It's 1 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
Vickys Pumpkin Pasta Sauce GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Start cooking your pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the package directions.
- Put the garlic in a small, dry frying pan over a medium-low heat. When the garlic starts to colour add in the pine nuts and toast them until turning golden.
- Remove the garlic and pour the pine nuts into a larger, cold frying pan with the butter and dried onions. Peel the garlic, finely mince it and add it to the pan. Heat on low until the butter is just melted, then add the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour back into the frying pan over a medium-low heat and add the cream, chicken stock, parmesan and nutmeg. Stir well to combine and heat. Add salt to taste.
- Put the chopped pecan nuts into the smaller frying pan over a low heat and warm through. Add the butter and stir in until melted. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir a few times and spread out on parchment paper to cool a bit.
- To serve, drain the pasta when ready and add to the sauce. Toss together and when plated, sprinkle some of the candied nuts on top.