Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado - Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry. Great recipe for Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado - Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry. We like our noodles full of stuff so that it's flavorful. One thing I hate most is a mouth full of noodles with nothing else.
All kinds are available, and pancit is as popular at street stands as it is at family gatherings. Pancit Bihon Guisado with rice noodles, meat, shrimp, and vegetables is sure to be a family favorite. Perfect for everyday meals and special occasions! You can cook Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado - Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry using 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado - Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry
- You need 1/2 of small cabbage (red/regular), julienned thickly.
- You need 1/4 bunch of Chinese pechay, chopped (optional).
- You need 1 handful of green beans, cut 1in.
- It's 1 of good sized onion (red, white or combo), julienned.
- It's 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, julienned.
- It's 1 of celery top stalk chopped.
- You need 3 of full pinches chopped celery leaves.
- You need 1 of bell pepper/capsicum, julienned.
- You need 3 of mild green chilies (optional).
- It's 1/2 of chicken bouillon or broth cube.
- You need 1/2 cup of pork tips (optional).
- It's 2 of chicken breasts or rib part bone-in.
- It's 3 of chicken livers (optional).
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 c of small shrimps, peeled (optional).
- You need 1/2 c of fried fish balls, halved (optional).
- Prepare 1 of big pc of dried woodear, soaked, julienned (optional).
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of soy sauce (light, dark or combo).
- You need 3-4 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 pack (250 g) of vermicelli noodles.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Fried minced garlic (optional garnish).
- Prepare 4-6 of halved Calamansi or sliced lime, on the side.
- You need of Green onions, cut into garnish size (optional garnish).
Heat oil in a large skillet. Stir-fry pork slices until no longer pink in color. Sauté for a few minutes until soft. Keep in mind that not all rice noodles are the same.
Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado - Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry step by step
- Salt & pepper the chicken, liver and pork tips. Par boil in a pot with the bullion cube then cut into strips or chop if you prefer bone-in and set aside. Wash and dip the vermicelli in clean water then leave to soak in the liquid used to boil the meat..
- In a deep pan or wok, sauté the garlic and onions. Drop in the bell pepper if you prefer it softer, if not, add later..
- Add chicken, pork, liver, shrimps, woodear mushrooms and sauté with a dash of soy sauce. The optional proteins are up to you. It can just be the basic chicken. It can also be leftover roast chicken or meat. That's why the Pancit is so versatile. :) Sauté whatever you have at this point with the garlic and onions, except the already fried fishballs (add that when ready to serve)..
- Sauté 3 mins. Drop in the chilies now if you prefer a little heat. Mix in..
- The key note : the more protein and veggies, the tastier, so choose at least 2-3 to add in the wok from the optional ingredients..
- Add green beans, if any, carrots and the stalky parts of the cabbage. Sauté 3 mins..
- Drop in the remaining cabbage, pechay, and celery. Mix in. Season with salt and pepper..
- In a minute add the drained noodles into the wok. Stir/mix in the veggie-meat mix. Note: the pancit should not be dripping with liquid. The finished product should not be saucy. So drain well..
- Distribute the oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix in thoroughly. You'll see the noodles change in color. Add in your fish balls, if any.
- Taste and add more oyster or soy sauce according to your preferred taste. Keep sautéing until desired softness (or al denté) of the noodles is achieved..
- At this point all the veggies, proteins, and noodles should be cooked so remove from heat and transfer to your serving bowl..
- Serve with green onions, fried garlic and calamansi on the side..
- How to eat? Get a serving, sprinkle with green onions and garlic on top. Then get a calamansi or lime slice (or two) and squeeze over the noodles, around the plate. Enjoy! :).
Some rice noodles are for Vietnamese pho, while some are for pad thai. I am Filipina, and I like to garnish my pancit with thinly sliced green onions. They add color and additional flavor. Now you'll need to soak the noodles. I used vermicelli rice noodles, though I have pancit using other types of noodles.