Deep fried pizza dough balls. It is one of those recipes that my readers have asked me time and time again to convert to a pizza express copycat and here it is! Sweet Fried Pizza Dough Balls - Recipe. Italians are crazy about pizza and, when it comes to Carnival time, also about frying pretty much everything.
Pizza Express Just Shared Its 'secret' Dough Ball, Fried Christmas Balls, Air Fryer, Air Fried, Fried Dough Balls (pizza Dough) Italian Zeppole! Deep Fried Pizza "Donuts": What could be better than pizza? With floured hands, grab a "golf ball sized" amount of dough and flatten it is about. You can cook Deep fried pizza dough balls using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deep fried pizza dough balls
- You need 500 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 25 g of fresh yeast.
- You need 500 ml of warm water.
- It's of Oil for frying (sunflower, veg).
- You need of Salt and dried herbs (I like thyme or rosemary).
Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Fried dough Pizza recipe is simple to make and easy to present at parties as it can be warmed up just before serving. 📋 Fried Pizza. This recipe was presented by Eliana de Matteis during her cooking class at the Mediathec Pole Culturel Auguste Escoffier, Villeneuve Loubet. These fried cookie dough balls are so much fun to eat!
Deep fried pizza dough balls instructions
- Mix yeast in water and gently add to flour. Mix constantly. The final consistency should be quite runny. Leave to rise for about 90 mins.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok on a medium low flame. Using 2 spoons, scoop the dough into the oil and fry until lightly golden. These will need to be done in batches.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately, adding salt and dried herbs of your choice..
If you love fair food, these are for you! I love warm, melty cookie dough and I love fried food and if that makes me a bad person, then so be it. I was in Austin, Texas a few months ago and had deep fried. Fried dough, Pizza Fritta, Pizza Fritte, Fried Doughnuts, Zeppole, Funnel Cakes, Beignets, Johnny Cakes are just a few names of fried dough. There are so many versions and many different shapes.