Homemade Pizza Dough. My all-time favorite homemade pizza dough recipe, this recipe has been tried and tested week after week, making the best homemade pizza. Homemade pizza dough is easier thank you think. Our pizza dough recipe is easy, fun, and Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large.
Homemade pizza dough is one of those things. Here's my recipe for easy pizza dough that makes Flour: All-purpose white flour is perfect for homemade pizza dough. You can also use bread flour for. You can have Homemade Pizza Dough using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Pizza Dough
- Prepare of warm water (about 110°F).
- Prepare of active dry yeast.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of olive oil + additional for drizzling.
- You need of bread flour.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of all purpose flour, for dusting the work surface.
- Prepare of cornmeal, for dusting the pizza tray.
Everyone loves a good pizza, well at least almost It is my new go-to recipe for pizza dough. Homemade pizza doesn't have to be hard, join with me as I show. Pizza dough can be tricky, but not with these tips. Teach her to make homemade pizza and she'll be able to host spontaneous dinner parties and feed all of her pizza-loving friends for a lifetime.
Homemade Pizza Dough instructions
- Place the yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Pour the water over them and whisk to combine. Make sure the water is between 100°-110°F. Let that sit for 2-10 minutes to activate the yeast. You'll know it's ready when it gets a bit bubbly and foamy on top..
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the 2 tbsp. of olive oil and half the bread flour. Once that incorporates a bit, add in the salt and remaining bread flour. Stir until you get it as combined as you can, in a loose ball, then lightly flour your hands and knead the dough together in the bowl a bit..
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface (I just use my countertop). Knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle more flour onto the work surface and your hands as needed, if the dough begins to stick. To see if you've kneaded enough, you can press two fingers gently into the dough. If the indentations stay after you move your fingers, then it's been kneaded enough and is ready for the next step..
- Drizzle some olive oil into the bottom of a separate large bowl. Place the dough ball in and roll it around to evenly coat all the sides in the oil. Loosely cover the top of the dough with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. It should be double in size once it's ready..
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a 16" pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray and dust it lightly with cornmeal. Set aside..
- The dough should have risen. Punch it gently to release some air, then turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Lightly dust a rolling pin with flour and gently roll out each side, keeping it in a nice rounded shape..
- Once it looks Iike the right size for your pizza pan, carefully transfer it onto your prepared pan. I do this by folding half of the dough over itself, then sliding the pizza tray under that half. Once it's on, gently unfold the dough and use your fingers to gently stretch it to fill the pan..
- Use a fork and poke some holes all across the dough. This should prevent any bubbles from forming..
- Top with your desired toppings, leaving an inch or so of space around the edges for the crust..
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, until the cheese and crust are nice and golden. Be sure to keep an eye on it towards the end..
- Allow to cool 5 minutes, then slice and serve!.
There is nothing quite like homemade pizza dough. If you've ever made it, I am sure you will agree! This pizza dough produces a very nice pizza crust--flavorful, tender, with just the right amount of chewiness. Transfer the formed crust to the prepared baking sheet and top as desired. If you love homemade pizza crust, try this easy recipe with step-by-step photos and learn how to make your own pizza dough.