Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough. I love thick pizza crust, thin and crispy pizza crust, and everything in between. And I love trying to make them all at home. To thaw the frozen dough, place it in the refrigerator the day before, or place it on the counter top for about an hour to thaw at room temperature.
It yields golden brown thin crusts that bake quickly with a variety of toppings. Homemade crusty pizza dough is actually possible. With a few helpful techniques you can possibly achieve something that looks like it came from Pizza Hut without a pizza stone. You can have Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough
- It's of dough.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water heated to 100 degrees.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 cup of bread flour.
- It's 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of distilled white vinegar.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of salt.
Homemade crusty pizza dough is actually possible. Make sure you get a pizza stone, they help make a crispier crust. Yum yum! if you're looking for a crispy thin crust pizza that holds up under the pressure of your favorite toppings look no further! Learn how to make Crusty Pizza Dough.
Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough instructions
- In a bowl add yeast and sugar. Pour warmed water over them and set aside to become frothy. This shows yeast is active..
- In large mixing bowl with dough hook add all other ingredients..
- Start on lowest speed and slowly add in liquid. You are looking for a soft dough ball to form. You may need to add more flour or water to achieve this stage. If you add water, make sure it is the 100°F temperature..
- Blend at lowest speed for 5 minutes simulating the kneading process..
- Place plastic wrap over bowl and set in warm area for one hour to double in size..
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Place dough onto lightly floured surface. Divide into two portions. Reserve one in freezer bag and freeze for later use. Just thaw and roll out later..
- Roll dough out to desired shape and place on cooking sheet or pizza stone..
- Add your desired toppings..
- Cook for 20-25 minutes..
- This is a wonderfully crispy dough with nice flavor..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Press dough across bottom of pan, forming a collar around edge to hold toppings. Nothing beats a homemade pizza crust! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Using your bread machine makes mixing the dough a breeze. This crust I developed after many rounds of dough.