Beer Bread By Blondie. This recipe was Inspired and adapted from Banana Bread Blondies by OMG Chocolate Desserts Spread some […] Homemade Peanut Butter Beer Bread. Tasty & budget friendly recipes, money saving tips, and family friendly travel. This autumn Spiced Octoberfest Beer Bread recipe is so easy to make!
The average family can now have bakery quality artisan bread fresh from the oven in their own homes with little or no-kneading. A step by step guide to unsticky dough. Beer bread is probably the best use of beer there is, well, outside of drinking it, at least. You can cook Beer Bread By Blondie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beer Bread By Blondie
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1-1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (I use 1 teaspoon sea salt since I'm not a salt lover).
- You need 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder (1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon).
- You need 1 bottle of beer (12 ounces) (I use Miller, but you can use another kind).
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted butter (1/2 stick).
- You need 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of basil or oregano, or another spice of your choice (I usually use oregano or 1/2 oregano & 1/2 basil, or I don't use any at all) *optional*.
This recipe is especially delicious with Irish cheese in the mix. Get the recipe from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. It uses only one cup of the beer of your choice and has a lovely beer flavor after it's baked. It's great for snacking, football game munchies, and for dipping into a bowl of chili.
Beer Bread By Blondie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and herbs (if using)..
- Add the beer and stir until blended..
- Put in a lightly greased bread loaf pan (5 X 9 or 4 1/2 by 8 1/2)..
- Bake for 1 hour..
- Combine the butter and garlic (if using)..
- Remove the bread from the oven..
- Pour the butter mixture over the top..
- Allow the bread to rest in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before removing..
- The bread is can be eaten immediately, but it's a little easier to slice once it has cooled down..
When I visited grandma and she generously shared her recipe with me, we talked about why she did it the way she did. She actually used lard instead of butter as it was more economical and readily available. (They didn't have much and always made use of what they had!) Banana bread made into a traditional beer bread! This is a cinnamony and slightly sweeter version that your original and covered in brown butter glaze. I've made a few different beer breads before on the blog and as I was contemplating one this year, I alllllmost went with another savory version. Beer bread is great for snacking, football games munchies, and for dipping in a bowl of super hot chili.