Toasted Coconut Thumbprint Cookies.
You can cook Toasted Coconut Thumbprint Cookies using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Toasted Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
- Prepare 12 ounces of unsalted butter (3 sticks), at room temperaure.
- It's 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 of large egg lightly beaten with 1 tablesoon water.
- It's 7 ounces of sweetened flaked coconut.
- You need 15 of fun size mounds dark chocolate coconut bars, cut in half.
Toasted Coconut Thumbprint Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 Line baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Have mounds bars unwrapppped and cut in half, set aside.
- Whisk together flour and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture slowly and beat just until a dough forms and its all incorporated, press dogh into a mass with your hands.
- Roll the dough into golf ball size balls, roll in egg wash.
- Roll in coconut.
- Place on porepared pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- Press a piece of mounds candy bar in the center of each cookie..
- Transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Place on platter and serve.