Quick Pretzels. Homemade soft pretzels are a quick and easy snack to prepare; serve with your favorite dipping View image. Large Soft Pretzels (Quick). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet. Just use any homemade PIZZA CRUST recipe and go to it! :P I love pretzels!
These Homemade Soft Pretzels are fluffy and buttery, baked up just like the ones you get at the mall, but homemade from scratch! Edd Kimber demonstrates how to make perfect pretzels with a chewy crust and soft, fluffy interior. Mix honey and mustard for a fantastic dip to go with them. You can cook Quick Pretzels using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick Pretzels
- Prepare 250 g of strong, white bread flour.
- You need 1 of tspn honey.
- You need 1 of tspn quick-action yeast.
- You need 1 of tspn fine salt.
- Prepare 13 g of butter.
- You need 100 g of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 130 ml of warm water.
- Prepare of Rock or sea salt, poppy seeds to scatter.
- You need of Beer and mustard, to serve.
Let the pretzels rise until they're puffy, give them a quick bath in boiling water, and bake them off! What other shapes do you do when making pretzels? Related: Baking Technique: How to Shape a. Rolo pretzels are our favorite pretzel treat.
Quick Pretzels instructions
- Mix together the flour, yeast, salt and butter in a mixing bowl. Dissolve honey in the water, then mix into the flour making a firm, dryish dough – leaving the bowl clean, without being damp..
- Knead until smooth and very elastic (this took me about 30 mins by hand). Rest under a damp cloth for 15 minutes and then divide into quarters..
- Roll the first quarter into a sausage about 3 cm in diameter and 30cm+ long (if it is any shorter you may have trouble making the pretzel shape). Form the dough sausage into a circle and cross the two ends at the top. Next twist them round each other again and bring down across the middle (it took me a couple of goes to get it right). Cover with the damp cloth at room temperature for 30 minutes in a warm space (my kitchen was about 25c)..
- Add the bicarbonate of soda to 400ml water in a dish large enough for two pretzels. Submerge the pretzels in the solution for four minutes, then drain well (resting on a chopping board) and place on the baking sheets. Then repeat. Scatter generously with rock salt, poppy seeds or any other topping (still add the salt even if you are adding seeds). Bake for 12-15 minutes at 225c until well browned. These are when still delicious warm!.
This rolo pretzels recipe is the easiest dessert. A pretzel (listen ), from dialectal German pronunciation, standard German: Breze(l) (listen ) is a type of baked pastry made from dough that is commonly shaped into a knot. This recipe has a warm, buttery, salty exterior and is delicious by itself, or These pretzels have a soft interior, and chewy, salty exterior. You will find yourself coming back for. Making the actual pretzel shape is not to hard.