Lemon Sugar Cookies. I may be a chocoholic but these cookies got me from the first bite. It was from the first bite of cookie dough because after one taste, I was hooked! These Lemon Sugar Cookies are buttery and soft, with the perfect hint of lemon.
They are light, refreshing, and the perfect treat for a sunny day. These decorated Lemon Sugar Cookies are so easy to make and perfect for a summer party ! They taste delicious with a hint of lemon on the cookies and icing. You can cook Lemon Sugar Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Sugar Cookies
- It's 1 stick of butter, softened.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar, separated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It's 1 of egg yolk.
- It's of Zest of 2 small/medium lemons.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
They have always been one of my favorites and they really are quite versatile. These lemon sugar cookies are thick and chewy and easy to freeze. Easy to make in one bowl with fresh lemon and everyday ingredients! I spent a whole week baking lemon cookies.
Lemon Sugar Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine..
- In a medium bowl, using a hand or standing mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and 3/4c sugar until light and fluffy. (about 3-4 minutes or so). Add egg, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined..
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and beat just until combined–do not over mix. Roll cookie dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and roll into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar (add sugar into a small bowl first.) and place about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking pan..
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool before eating..
- Store in an air tight container or freeze. (They never last long in my glass cookie jar lol!).
Reviews for: Photos of Lemon Sugar Tea Cookies. These Lemon Sugar Cookies will make your taste buds dance literally all night long. I love a good lemon flavor. And honestly, I'm not picky about the type of food it's typically associated with! These Lemon Sugar Cookies feature traditional sugar cookie dough dressed up with tart lemon juice and grated lemon peel.