New York style pizza dough. New York-style pizza dough is easy to prepare when you are having cravings for the city's famous culinary delight. Plan to make dough the night before you need it! Cook classic New York City style pizza at home!
New York style pizza is a style originally developed in New York City, where pizza is often sold in oversized, thin and flexible slices. The theory behind a pizza stone is that they are so hot the stone acts like a brick and sears the dough drawing out the water and making the pizza dough crisp on the. The perfect New York crust has very airy pockets and folds in half without cracking. You can have New York style pizza dough using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of New York style pizza dough
- It's 5 cup of unbleached bread flour.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of instant yeast.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of room temp water.
This style is easy to get close to but tough to master. If you need more than one dough you multiply the ingredients for as many as you need. This video shows how to make New York Pizzeria style pizza dough. In New York, most pizza dough is pressed, stretched, and tossed, but never rolled with a rolling pin.
New York style pizza dough instructions
- put water in a metal bowl (I use 5qt. kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook) add yeast,sugar,salt, and olive oil and mix until dissolved. add the flour a little at a time and mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl and is on hook. mix on low for 4 minutes. let the dough rest for 5 minutes then mix again on med low setting for an additional 2 minutes. immediately divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. round each piece into a ball and rub with olive oil. place each ball in a zippered bag or dough container and refrigerate overnight or freeze any pieces you will not be using the next day. The next day remove the dough 2 hours prior to use to allow the gluten to relax and remove the chill..
- place a baking stone on the middle shelf of oven and preheat on the highest setting for 1 hour. shape the dough using the toss and spin method stretching to a diameter of about 12 inches. dough should be about 1/4 inch think and slightly thicker toward edge. transfer dough to a peel or inverted sheet pan dusted with flour or cornmeal..
- add sauce and toppings and slide onto the stone. should take about 12 minutes to bake. when done crust should be crisp and slightly charred on edge and cheese should be bubbling and just beginning to caramelize. The underside of crust should be brown and crisp...not white and soft..
Keep your hands well dusted with flour and even You'll find this dough to be a little wetter and tackier to work with than some of the others. Learning to work with a slightly sticky dough rewards you with a. NY-style pizza Caputo Cup winner Derek Sanchez explains New York-style pizza, including a basic NY pizza dough formula recipe. You have to understand the feel and smell of your dough. When you start getting close to your desired outcome you must place into your memory how your dough.