Mocha-Chocolate French Bread.
You can cook Mocha-Chocolate French Bread using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mocha-Chocolate French Bread
- Prepare of French Bread flour (Semi-strong bread flour).
- You need of (if unavailable, use strong bread flour + cake flour).
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It's of Salt.
- It's of Instant dry yeast.
- Prepare of Water (During the cold months, use lukewarm water).
- Prepare of Instant coffee.
- It's of Sugarless cocoa powder.
- You need of Beer of your choice.
- Prepare of Chocolate chips.
Mocha-Chocolate French Bread instructions
- In a bowl, lightly mix together the powdered ingredients (everything except the water, beer, and chocolate chips) with a whisk..
- Add the water and beer into Step 1 and mix until no longer floury..
- Let sit for 20 minutes and then punch it 3 times (bring the dough together from the outside to the inside as if folding it). The photo shows the dough after the third punch..
- Let the bread rise until about double in size. (The photo shows the dough after rising for 30 minutes using the oven's bread function)..
- Divide into 2 and fold each into thirds. Let sit for 10 minutes..
- Place the seam from folding on the bottom and use your hands to punch the dough and spread it out. Place the chocolate (chips) on top and embed them in by lightly pushing..
- Fold over half of the dough..
- Fold the dough over 3/4 of the way by using your thumb to hold down the previously folded edge from Step 7..
- When finished folding, tightly close the seam use a folded cloth to make wall in the middle. Dust the cloth with flour (unlisted) while completing this step..
- Let it rise a second time until about 1.5 times larger. Preheat the oven while waiting for the second rising to complete..
- Preheat the oven to the highest available temperature for 20 minutes. Move the dough to a sheet of parchment paper and dust with joshinko (not listed). Cut out some pieces of dough on the top to make notches..
- When the oven has finished preheating, thoroughly spray the dough with water and place on the topmost rack in the oven. Tip: Close the oven door and let it sit for 3 minutes..
- Bake for 10 minutes at 240°C. Lower the temperature to 200°C and bake for another 15 minutes..