California Whole Grain Cinnamon/Dinner Rolls. Homemade Whole Grain Cinnamon Rolls are easy to make and super delicious. I got one from my local thrift store, used it a hand full of. View top rated Whole grain cinnamon rolls recipes with ratings and reviews.
Brown sugar sweetens the filling of this breakfast treat, and powdered sugar dissolves into a milky glaze that's drizzled over the top of these delicious and good. I love the trick of using egg to help the filling. Whole wheat pastry flour, cocoa, cinnamon, and mashed banana make for a smooth, fluffy pancake, but if you want a heartier texture you can use regular whole wheat flour and ¼ cup instant oats. You can have California Whole Grain Cinnamon/Dinner Rolls using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Whole Grain Cinnamon/Dinner Rolls
- Prepare of eggs.
- It's of 100% whole wheat flour*.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of salt.
- It's of yeast, instant dry or 2/4 cups of sourdough starter.
- Prepare of melted butter.
- You need of milk (warm).
Top with sliced bananas and chocolate sauce for extra decadence. While still warm, drizzle evenly with frosting. These whole wheat rolls are fluffy, stay soft for days, and make excellent sandwiches! A must-have for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
California Whole Grain Cinnamon/Dinner Rolls step by step
- In a mixer a stand mixer, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs. Let it rest for 2 to 3 minutes until looks bubbly..
- Add the flour, one cup at a time to the previous mixture untill all combine at low speed. Once all combined, increase the speed. Mix for 2 more minutes. The dough will look smooth, not sticky or wet, not dry. If wet, add a bit more flour (1-2 tbsp). If dry, add 1-2 tbsp of water..
- Leave the dough resting in a bowl with oil on the bottom for prevent sticking. About 1 hour raise..
- After 1 hour when the dough has doubled in size, start shaping the dinner rolls or cinnamon rolls. For dinner rolls, you take dough and shape it into round balls, about 3/4 size of palm of your hand. For cinnamon rolls, take about 1/4 of the entire dough and rolls it into a flat dough (about 1/ inch)..
- For cinnamon rolls. Spread the filling on top of the flattened dough. Follow the following for the filling: 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of ground cinnamon, 2 tbsp of flour, 1/2 cup of softened butter. Mix. This Mixture will need to be used to all the dough. For 1/4 of flattened dough, use 1/4 of mixture. Roll it tightly. Cup in about 1 inch size rolls..
- Either the dinner rolls or the cinnamon rolls go into a greased pan, closely together. Let rise for 30 minutes. Then bake for 20 minutes at 350 F. For dinner rolls spread butter on top, or for cinnamon rolls spread a cream cheese frosting on top..
- Whole wheat flour. Best to use bread whole wheat flour (4 cups) and 2 cups of regular whole wheat flour..
And just like the dinner rolls, I've tried loads of whole wheat cinnamon bun. Easy and so good - with or without butter. Whole grains are an excellent source of protein, vitamins, iron, and dietary fiber. They're tasty too--each type of grain has its own distinctive flavor. Sprinkle the hot cooked rice with cinnamon and nutmeg.