Rainbow cookies. Check Out Rainbow Italian Cookies On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! My husband and I love rainbow cookies and everytime we go to NY we get some.
Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting makes a creamy filling for Rainbow Egg Cookies. Line the pans with waxed paper; grease the paper. Place almond paste in a large bowl; break up with a fork. You can cook Rainbow cookies using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rainbow cookies
- You need 1 packages of sugar cookie mix (or homemade).
- It's 1 box of neon food coloring.
- It's 1 each of flour (for dusting if batter is soft).
- Prepare 1 of rainbow sprinkles.
A Cook from Brooklyn, NY / flag if inappropriate. The Italian rainbow cookie has always been the saving grace of any cookie platter. Colorful layers of almond cake sandwiched with raspberry jam and coated in chocolate, it is truly the perfect cookie. Add both to Cart Add both to List.
Rainbow cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Make mix according to instructions. I used Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix and followed the regular instructions instead of the cut out or roll out options. (This is why the flour was needed to help work the batter.).
- Evenly divide the batter into 4 or five portions. Add one chosen food color to each divided portion. I used pink, purple, blue, green and regular food color yellow. Now just FYI ... You can eliminate the yellow and it will look just fine and stretch out the batter..
- Take a grape size or smaller portion of each color and roll into a ball. Then roll each ball together to make a bigger ball. It will look like a beach ball. (The flour comes into play here by dusting your hands with it to roll each ball and then dust lightly the surface for the next step.).
- Now take the ball and roll into a 6 inch long cylinder (log). Then wrap it like the big lollipops or a pinwheel, twisting the log so more colors show..
- And now add your sprinkles. The pinterest picture shows the sprinkles around the edges, but I just sprinkled mine over the top because it was hard to handle..
- Put them in the oven on a greased cookie sheet or lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until there is a light brown around edges..
- Note* You can use any color you want. And you have to watch the size of each color because the cookie will spread in the oven. The sprinkles are optional. And the original recipe said one package yielded 14 balls of each cookie. I used three packages and managed 54 cookies. Some with less colors..
One of these items ships sooner than the other. Rainbow cookies are also a popular cooking during the holiday season, and are available in blue and white, instead of the traditional rainbow, to celebrate Hanukkah. Although often called simply rainbow cookies in much of the continental United States, some local names for this specific variety are: Napoleon cookies Directions. Gradually add almond paste; mix well. Italian Rainbow Cookies, are so popular and quite expensive in the bakeries in my area!