Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Whole wheat pizza crust has a bad reputation. If done wrong, it's often tough, dense, and well… flavorless. All whole wheat pizza dough recipes are different, but they typically all have the same ingredients: whole wheat flour, yeast, water, salt, oil, and some may have sugar.
Mix it in the food processor, minimal kneading and no rising time required. Trust me when I say I searched to the ends of the internet to find a simple, foolproof, quick whole wheat pizza dough recipe. I went through a couple of bags of. You can cook Whole Wheat Pizza Dough using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- It's 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of white bread flour.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat bread flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
Made thin crust pizza out of the dough was crispy but fluffy and just was really simple to make. Will be using this recipe for making pizza crust in the future! I was looking for a good tasting whole wheat pizza dough. I found this recipe and made it & it was so tasty.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough step by step
- In a small bowl, disolve a teaspoon of yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and let sit for approximately 10 minutes until mixture starts to bubble..
- In a mixing bowl add 1 cup each of white bread flour and whole wheat flour. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and mix together..
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and using a wooden spoon, mix until you form a dough. Gradually add 1 cup of water as you mix..
- Lightly flour your countertop and hands and knead the dough for 10 minutes..
- Place dough back in bowl. Cover up the bowl and let dough rise for 1 hour..
- Once dough has risen press down on it with your fist to release air that has built up during the rising process..
- Done!! Prepare with your favorite toppings or freeze for up to 3 months..
Whole wheat pizza dough is easy to prepare and will impress your family and friends on homemade pizza nights. I used white whole wheat flour along with the all-purpose flour in this pizza dough and really liked the end result, a chewy texture. Who says pizza cannot be healthy? With this simple recipe for homemade Whole Wheat Pizza Dough you can make pizza at home anytime. So bring the kids to the.