Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough. Order online and enjoy our mouthwatering Pizza, Salads, Wings, Desserts and Crispy Specials. This artisan pizza dough will give you a billowy soft crust, blistered bubbles and a crispy bottom. It uses a high hydration and long fermentation time for maximum flavor and the perfect crackly, chewy texture.
Palm down, slide your hands under dough and lifting carefully place on to a hot pizza stone. Crispy Crust is an authentic Greek pizzeria located in the South West neighbourhood of Woodbine, Calgary. Specializing in home-style pizza with fresh wholesome toppings. You can cook Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough
- You need of dough.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of water heated to 100 degrees.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of yeast.
- It's 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It's 2 cup of bread flour.
- It's 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
Crispy Crust is a Calgarian favourite by patrons near and far. Transfer the dough to the pan, trim the edges, and prick the crust thoroughly with a fork or dough docker (to avoid bubbles). Remove the crust, let it cool slightly, then add pizza sauce, toppings and mozzarella cheese. Where to start when making this pizza dough.
Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough step by step
- In a bowl add yeast and sugar. Pour warmed water over them and set aside to become frothy. This shows yeast is active..
- In large mixing bowl with dough hook add all other ingredients..
- Start on lowest speed and slowly add in liquid. You are looking for a soft dough ball to form. You may need to add more flour or water to achieve this stage. If you add water, make sure it is the 100°F temperature..
- Blend at lowest speed for 5 minutes simulating the kneading process..
- Place plastic wrap over bowl and set in warm area for one hour to double in size..
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Place dough onto lightly floured surface. Divide into two portions. Reserve one in freezer bag and freeze for later use. Just thaw and roll out later..
- Roll dough out to desired shape and place on cooking sheet or pizza stone..
- Add your desired toppings..
- Cook for 20-25 minutes..
- This is a wonderfully crispy dough with nice flavor..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Yeast is the one ingredient needed in pizza dough that causes it to rise and gives it that airy and bubbly effect. Using a small bowl, add a package of dry active yeast and a teaspoon of sugar. With its crispy golden edges, gooey layer of cheese (right to the edge!), and thick yet delicate crust, it has a texture and taste that make you want more. Plus, the crust has just five simple ingredients: it's easy to pull off in a home kitchen. Every pizza is made to order with top quality Mozzarella Cheese, daily chopped fresh vegetables, and highest quality meats.