Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough. I love thick pizza crust, thin and crispy pizza crust, and everything in between. And I love trying to make them all at home. To thaw the frozen dough, place it in the refrigerator the day before, or place it on the counter top for about an hour to thaw at room temperature.
With a few helpful techniques you can possibly achieve something that looks like it came from Pizza Hut without a pizza stone. Homemade crusty pizza dough is actually possible. Fans of thin-crust pizza will love this crispy pizza dough recipe. You can have Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough
- You need of dough.
- Prepare of water heated to 100 degrees.
- You need of yeast.
- It's of sugar.
- It's of bread flour.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of distilled white vinegar.
- You need of garlic powder.
- It's of salt.
It yields golden brown thin crusts that bake quickly with a variety of toppings. Make sure you get a pizza stone, they help make a crispier crust. Yum yum! if you're looking for a crispy thin crust pizza that holds up under the pressure of your favorite toppings look no further! Nothing beats a homemade pizza crust!
Crispy, Crusty, Pizza Dough step by step
- In a bowl add yeast and sugar. Pour warmed water over them and set aside to become frothy. This shows yeast is active..
- In large mixing bowl with dough hook add all other ingredients..
- Start on lowest speed and slowly add in liquid. You are looking for a soft dough ball to form. You may need to add more flour or water to achieve this stage. If you add water, make sure it is the 100°F temperature..
- Blend at lowest speed for 5 minutes simulating the kneading process..
- Place plastic wrap over bowl and set in warm area for one hour to double in size..
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Place dough onto lightly floured surface. Divide into two portions. Reserve one in freezer bag and freeze for later use. Just thaw and roll out later..
- Roll dough out to desired shape and place on cooking sheet or pizza stone..
- Add your desired toppings..
- Cook for 20-25 minutes..
- This is a wonderfully crispy dough with nice flavor..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Using your bread machine makes mixing "A really wet, sticky pizza dough that bakes up to perfection! Authentic, crispy and chewy—just like your favorite NY brick oven joint." Learn how to make Crusty Pizza Dough. Press dough across bottom of pan, forming a collar around edge to hold toppings. With its crispy golden edges An untraditional, nearly no-knead method of folding the dough creates airy pockets in the crust.