Yuzu Berries Souffle Cheesecake. Our tofu cheesecake is the perfect finish to any meal. Yuzu cheesecake (Donal's Asian Baking Adventure)Source: Donal's Asian Baking Adventure. It is known as Souffle Cheesecake or Cotton Cheesecake.
They're a bit more effort than regular pancakes so it's the perfect recipe for a special occasion. We've served ours with a yuzu and blueberry syrup. Cotton soft cheesecakes (or soufflé cheesecakes as they are known in Japan) are light, soft and fluffy, with a citrussy Note: If desired, you can glaze the tarts with apricot or yuzu jam. You can cook Yuzu Berries Souffle Cheesecake using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yuzu Berries Souffle Cheesecake
- It's sheet of Sponge cake.
- Prepare 4 of yolks.
- Prepare 50 ml of milk.
- It's 40 g of melted butter.
- It's 4 of egg white.
- Prepare 100 g of sugar.
- It's 110 g of cake flour.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of Souffle cheesecake.
- Prepare 250 g of Cream cheese.
- You need 40 g of melted butter.
- It's 2 of yolks.
- You need 10 g of sugar.
- You need 10 g of corn starch.
- You need 120 ml of hot milk.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 3 of egg white.
- Prepare 50 g of sugar.
- You need of Yuzu syrup.
- You need of Berries for decoration.
Beat the cottage cheese (quark), cream and milk powder together. Should you wish to make mini strawberry cheesecakes like in the picture, use a cake cutter to cut your desired size. Add fresh strawberries and decorate the plate with puree, meringue, ice cream and sprinkle with crumble. A lovely airy cheesecake that has the texture of a souffle.
Yuzu Berries Souffle Cheesecake instructions
- Make sponge cake sheet, beat 4 egg yolks with milk and melted butter.
- Make meringue by beating egg white with sugar until stiff peak is formed..
- Fold in cake flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add in yolks mixture. Fold gently until smooth. Transfer. Cake batter into 2 lbs cake pan lining with parchment paper.
- Bake at 170C for 30 min. Cool down and slide to 3/4 thick sheet. Set aside..
- Make souffle cheesecake batter. Mix cream cheese, vanilla and melted butter, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, mix egg yolks, sugar, corn starch. Add in hot milk slowly. Stir the mixture under low heat until the mixture become thicken..
- Transfer thick mixture from step 7 into creamcheese batter. Mix well until smooth..
- Make meringue by beating egg white and sugar. Fold in meringue into cheesecake batter. Transfer the batter in the mold with sponge cake sheet lined at the bottom. Tap the mold a bit to release air bubble..
- Place cake mold in hot water pan. Bake at 160C for 20 min and 130C for 40 min. Cool down the cake at room temperature and keep in the fridge overnight.
- Top cheesecake with yuzu syrup and berries..
You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious dessert - white chocolate, eggs, cream cheese and crushed biscuits! In her latest book, Mary Berry shares her favourite everyday recipes, helping you to ensure that every meal you cook tastes sensational (yes, even that midweek 'flung together' sofa supper!). Learn the quick tips and tricks to nail this awesome recipe. Quick and easy to make, this mixed berry sauce is delicious spooned over cheesecake, vanilla ice cream, pancakes, or waffles. Thickened only with puréed fruit (and not cornstarch like many dessert fruit sauces), it has an intense and pure berry flavor. - Recipe Dessert : Japanese souffle cheesecake by Pepsakoy.