Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Whole wheat pizza crust has a bad reputation. If done wrong, it's often tough, dense, and well… flavorless. All whole wheat pizza dough recipes are different, but they typically all have the same ingredients: whole wheat flour, yeast, water, salt, oil, and some may have sugar.
Mix it in the food processor, minimal kneading and no rising time required. Trust me when I say I searched to the ends of the internet to find a simple, foolproof, quick whole wheat pizza dough recipe. I went through a couple of bags of. You can have Whole Wheat Pizza Dough using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Prepare Utensils: of .
- You need of Dry Cup Measure.
- It's of 3/4 Cup Measure.
- You need of Liquid Cup Meaure.
- You need of 1/2 Teaspoon Measure.
- It's of Tablespoon Measure.
- You need of Large Mixing Bowl.
- Prepare of Wooden Spoon.
- Prepare of Standard Mixer with paddle and dough hook (helpful but not a must).
- Prepare of Plastic Wrap.
- It's of Hand Towels (also known to Chefs as "Side Towels").
- You need Final Dough: of .
- Prepare 1 Batch of Soaker (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/259647-basic-soaker).
- You need 1 Batch of Biga (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/256550-simple-biga).
- You need 7 Tablespoons of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Prepare 5/8 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Instant Yeast.
- You need 2 1/4 Teaspoons of Honey.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
Made thin crust pizza out of the dough was crispy but fluffy and just was really simple to make. Will be using this recipe for making pizza crust in the future! I was looking for a good tasting whole wheat pizza dough. I found this recipe and made it & it was so tasty.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough instructions
- In a stand mixer combine all ingredients, mix with paddle attachment on low speed for 1 minute..
- Switch to the hook and mix on medium-low speed for another 6 minutes..
- Divide the dough in 4 smaller balls..
- Coat them in olive oil. Set them in a tray and wrap the tray tightly. Let rise for 1 hour..
- Form the dough into a ball and let it rest on the table for 5 minutes..
- Then roll out using a little flour on the table to help keep from sticking..
- If you are daring, try tossing the dough for a more traditional/ rustic look. At his point the dough is done and ready. At this point you can cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to use or bake (time and temp below)..
- Feel free to add a sauce and or toppings on the pizza dough (prior to freezing and or baking)..
- Note: Preheat the oven at 450F. Then bake for 2 minutes and rotate 180 degrees for even baking. The pizza should take 5 to 8 minutes to bake depending on the amount of toppings. The bottom will be lightly tannish brown when done (link)..
- Link to Whole Wheat Pizza with Portobellos, Spinach and Feta Pizza recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/256549-whole-wheat-pizza-portobello-spinach-and-feta-cheese-pizza.
Whole wheat pizza dough is easy to prepare and will impress your family and friends on homemade pizza nights. I used white whole wheat flour along with the all-purpose flour in this pizza dough and really liked the end result, a chewy texture. Who says pizza cannot be healthy? With this simple recipe for homemade Whole Wheat Pizza Dough you can make pizza at home anytime. So bring the kids to the.