You can cook Chicken Yakitori: using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Yakitori:
- Prepare of 🌻For the skewers:.
- You need 1 1/4 pounds of chicken thighs / breast cut into bite sized pieces.
- It's to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame seeds.
- It's of 🌻For the sauce:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 2 tsp of minced garlic & ginger.
- It's 1 Tbsp of honey.
- It's 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of rice vinegar or Apple cider vinegar.
- It's 1 Tbsp of + 1 tsp cornstarch.
Chicken Yakitori: step by step
- 🌻For the sauce: Place the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey, sesame oil, sesame seed and rice vinegar / Apple cider vinegar in a small pot over medium high heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Turn up the heat to high and bring to a boil. Mix the cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of cold water until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and boil for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened..
- 🌻For the chicken: Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers that have been soaked in cold water. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then brush the vegetable oil over the skewers. Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium heat. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes per side. Brush the sauce over the chicken and cook for an additional 2 minutes per side..
- Brush more sauce over the chicken, then cook for another minute per side. Brush a final layer of sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, then serve..