Vegan Meatloaf - wip. This Vegan Meat Loaf from Delish.com is a crowd-pleasing meatless meal for everyone, even meat lovers. This vegan meatloaf is incredibly easy to make & is sure to please with it's deep & savoury flavour. See my video for a visual guide.
The vegan meatloaf itself is based on chickpeas. The crucial part is actually using parchment paper to line your loaf pan but not just to line it, but to actually have the. Combine all of the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. You can have Vegan Meatloaf - wip using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Meatloaf - wip
- Prepare of Salt & crushed black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of walnuts (minced).
- You need 1/4 cup of cashews (minced).
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It's 1 of brown or red onion.
- It's 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- It's 1/2 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley (chopped finely).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of mixed vegan meat (soy free).
- You need 2 cups of dried mushrooms (soaked, strained & chopped).
- You need 1 cup of fresh mushrooms (chopped finely).
- Prepare 1 cup of vegan cheese.
- It's of Sherry or red wine vinegar.
Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper and press. This is adapted from Vegetarian Times and is just about the best meatloaf ever - vegan, vegetarian or 'carnivorian'. it's the. Vegetarian meatloaf makes for an all-American comfort food for both vegetarians and vegans. Vegetarian loaves are always best drizzled with lots of ketchup, so don't skimp on the ketchup!
Vegan Meatloaf - wip instructions
- Soak the dried mushrooms in room temp water for 30mins before you strain, dry & chop it up.
- Soak the chopped mushrooms in a touch of sherry or red wine vinegar and veggie stock and set aside..
- Prep a baking tray with butter and baking/parchment paper or line with foil.
- Lightly sauté your finely minced onion and garlic together and then set it aside for a few minutes to cool a little..
- Pop the vegan meat into a large bowl along with salt, pepper, saughtéed minced onion and garlic, soaked mushrooms and your chopped parsley..
- Using your hands (the absolute best kitchen tool you have!), carefully and gently mix the ingredients together just until they are blended and come together. Just remember not to over mix!.
- Now, skip the loaf pan, it's truly better without it! This way, the meatloaf isn't steamed but rather gets a delicious outer crust..
- Turn your mixture out onto your prepared tray and shape, by hand, into a loaf shape..
- You can decide how you want to cover the top; brush the outside with some tomato sauce, sprinkle with some additional dried herbs (ie basil, rosemary, oregano) and/or grated vegan cheese. I topped it with vegan bacon strips..
- Bake at 160°C (320°F) for about 55mins - 1 hour..
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for about 10-15mins, very loosely tented with foil before slicing and serving..
- Serve with a side of any veggies/salads you like. I served mine with lightly fried green beans, chilli jam & butter sauce..
This vegan meatloaf with an easy tomato glaze is the perfect comfort food! Thanks to the lentils and chickpeas it's packed with protein, making it a great recipes for vegans and vegetarians! This Vegan Meatloaf is flavorful, decadent, nutty and great for anyone wanting a no bean/lentil loaf. Vegan Recipe Can be Glutenfree Soyfree. The best healthy lentil loaf recipe!