Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread. Homemade cornbread, baked in a cast iron skillet, full of great jalapeño cheddar I LOVE cornbread. It can be a real hot button topic can't it? I love corn breads, fresh corn, roasted corn, and corn anything.
Skillet-cooked corn bread is a popular vaquero (Mexican cowboy) side dish. Using a rubber spatula, fold in corn and jalapeños; set batter aside. You know how they say owners start to resemble their dogs (as. You can have Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread
- It's of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of cornmeal.
- It's of sugar.
- You need of baking powder.
- It's of salt.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of beer.
- It's of eggs beaten.
- Prepare of butter unmelted.
- It's of butter melted.
- Prepare of ozs shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Jalapenos 3-4 tablespoons roughly chopped or fresh.
- It's of jalapeno slices for the top, optional.
- You need of additional shredded cheese of choice, optional.
Skillet cornbread is a Southern favorite. Try this dairy-free and egg-free version of a homemade skillet cornbread. Betty demonstrates her gorgeous and tasty Cheddar-Jalapeno Skillet Cornbread. It is a blend of eggs, cornmeal mix, cream-style corn, milk, vegetable oil.
Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread instructions
- In a large bowl sift dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients including chopped jalapenos and cheese but not the 1/4 cup of additional cheese and fresh jalapenos..
- Quickly add the wet mix to the dry and stir until the batter is almost smooth. It will be very thick..
- Heat oven to 425* and let the batter rest while oven heats up..
- Grease a large cast iron skillet with the 1/4 stick of butter. I drop the butter in my skillet and heat the pan up in the oven until the butter just starts to sizzle. You don't have to heat pan and skillet but it's how I make mine..
- Remove buttered pan from oven if using my heated pan w/butter, with an oven mitt of course. Scrape the batter into the sizzling buttered skillet and smooth the top..
- Bake 30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. If using additional cheese and jalapenos, Bake for about 15 mins remove from oven place the optional jalapenos and optional 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top and place back into the oven and cook another 15-20 minutes until golden brown, or a toothpick comes out clean..
This skillet cornbread is wonderfully moist and flavoured with jalapeno and cheddarcheese for loads of flavour! Bakes up perfectly in a cast iron skillet! Whisk the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, honey and jalapenos in another large bowl; add the onion and garlic and whisk to combine. A simple, slightly sweet corn bread made in the versatile cast-iron skillet. Tastes great and is a good base recipe to experiment with.