Chicken Satay Curry.
You can cook Chicken Satay Curry using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Satay Curry
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts or 4 thighs cut into bite sized pieces,.
- You need 1 tin of coconut milk (reduced fat recommended),.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tbsp deep roast peanut butter,.
- Prepare 1 handful of chopped fresh coriander,.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped into chunks,.
- You need 125 g of mangetout and baby corn,.
- Prepare 2 tsp of medium curry powder,.
- You need 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soft brown sugar,.
- It's 2 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- It's 2 tsp of ginger puree paste,.
- You need 2 tsp of fish sauce,.
- It's of Ground white pepper and salt to season,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare of To garnish (optional):.
- You need A few of crushed unsalted peanuts,.
- It's 2 of red chillies, stalk and seeds removed, chopped finely,.
- You need of Some chopped fresh coriander leaves,.
- You need 2 of wedges of fresh lime.
- You need of Serving suggestion:.
- Prepare of Steamed white rice.
Chicken Satay Curry step by step
- Heat a wok up over a medium heat. Add the coconut oil. Once melted add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Fry until fragrant then add in the chicken pieces. Fry until the chicken is cooked and golden on all sides..
- Season with salt and a pinch of ground white pepper. Add the mangetout and baby corn. Fry for a further 2-3 mins. Next add in the curry powder, the peanut butter and the light soy sauce. Gently stir through to coat the chicken and veg. Pour in the coconut milk and add the fish sauce plus the brown sugar. Stir then bring to a gentle simmer..
- Simmer until the sauce has reduced down by half and thickened. Before serving add in half of the chopped coriander and mix through..
- Serve up and garnish with fresh chopped red chillies, coriander leaves and some crushed peanuts. Add a couple of wedges of fresh lime on the side. Eat and enjoy! :).