Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread).
You can have Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread)
- It's 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- It's 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 1/3 cup of honey.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Greek yogurt (or sour cream) at room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 cup of mashed banana (about 2 large spotty ones).
- Prepare 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- You need 1/2 cup of mix ins of choice -chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts, etc.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If making muffins, grease a 12 count muffin tin or line with parchment liners. If making bread, grease a loaf pan and place a piece of parchment paper into the pan, letting it overhang over the sides to easily lift out the finished loaf..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder until well combined. Set this aside..
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the butter until it is smooth and creamy, then beat in the sugar until they are combined and fluffy. Beat in the honey, eggs, yogurt (or sour cream) and vanilla extract. When that is combined, mix in the mashed banana and pumpkin puree..
- Switch to a rubber spatula and add your dry ingredients to the wet. Mix with the spatula just until combined. Then fold in the mix in you are using. Do not overmix..
- If making muffins, fill up the muffin tins with batter. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool for 10 or so minutes in the pan before transfering them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- If making bread, pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the bread pan onto a wire rack and allow the loaf to cool completely..
- No matter what you decide to make, store them in the fridge for 4-5 days or you can freeze for later and enjoy!.