Pasta with Mussels in a garlic butter cream sauce. This recipe is a combination of my favorite mussels recipe, which is essentially steamed mussels in a creamy garlic butter sauce. Plus another simple pasta dish I frequently make with fresh basil, olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese (essentially raw pesto ingredients, minus the pine nuts). Remove the mussels from the sauce to a bowl and keep warm.
Try and season with some salt if necessary. Cook the pasta as directed on package in salted water, until al dente. Drain reserving some (up to a cup) water. You can have Pasta with Mussels in a garlic butter cream sauce using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Mussels in a garlic butter cream sauce
- You need 500 g of seafood, (I used mussels).
- You need 1/4 of diced onions.
- Prepare 3 of tsb chopped garlic.
- You need 200 ml of fresh cream.
- It's 100 g of butter.
- It's 1 of tsb oregano (dried but I prefer fresh).
Combined with the drained pasta and mix, adding some reserved water, if necessary, to thin out the sauce. Mussels cook in a matter of seconds and are delicious paired with a garlic cream sauce. Serve these mussels in garlic cream sauce with rice or crusty bread for a quick and satisfying meal. Add the mussels, wine, salt and black pepper.
Pasta with Mussels in a garlic butter cream sauce instructions
- Wash mussles and make sure that all mussels are closed, discard any open mussels. Heat pan on low add butter and saute onions and garlic till soft.
- Add oregano herbs, and then add fresh cream cook for 4 min.
- Add mussels and cook until mussels open. Then set aside.
- Cook pasta of choice, I used spaghetti. Heat water in pot boiling add salt (The water must be as salty as the ocean) add a bit of olive oil. Cook pasta till tender to the bit (Al dente).
- Once pasta is cooked, add pasta to sauce and mix add salt and pepper to taste. Parmesan cheese if you have just adds depth to dish but it isn't necessary Enjoy!!!!.
Cover and bring to the boil, shaking occasionally. Melt butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add white wine, thyme and mussels. Creamy Garlic Seafood Pasta, a quick and easy meal, shrimp and mussels with a delicious creamy white wine sauce. This is a wonderful dish to serve for any occasion.