Basic pizza dough. This recipe for everyday pizza dough is one we've worked on together over the years, tweaking something here and adding something there, until finally coming to a consensus. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
Learn how to make a perfect pizza dough from scratch at home. This homemade pizza dough recipe is very easy to make and made with basic ingredients easily. To paraphrase Scarface, "First you get the dough, then you get the pizza, then you get the women.". You can have Basic pizza dough using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic pizza dough
- You need of 4 pizza doughs.
- You need 450 g of 00 pasta flour (or strong flour).
- Prepare 250 ml of lukewarm water.
- It's 1/4 tsp of dry yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of tomato sauce for 2 pizza doughs.
- You need 200 g of canned plum tomato.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It's of Chili powder.
- Prepare of thyme.
- Prepare of oregano.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of Topping ingredients.
- You need of mozzarella.
- You need of mushrooms.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of black pepper.
Well, at any rate, knowing how to make a good basic pizza dough will get you far, because it's easy. This is my basic pizza dough recipe. It is good for stromboli also. To bake, top with your favorite sauce, cheese, etc.
Basic pizza dough step by step
- Mix the yeast and sugar into the lukewarm water. Then wait 5 mins before using the liquid to see if the yeast is working – little bits will start to rise to the top and you’ll know it’s active..
- Put the flour and salt in the bowl and mix with the water prepared in 1st step. Knead for 5-7 mins until the dough is shiny and it springs back when you press your finger into it..
- Cover tightly with cling film and then a tea towel. Place in a draught-free area that’s warm and leave until the dough has doubled in size. If it’s a hot day, it should only take 2 hrs to rise, but it could take 4 hrs if it’s cold. (If you don’t plan to use the dough for a day or two, place it in the fridge straight away; take it out 3-4 hrs before using. Punch it down first and bring it together on a floured surface.).
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces for plate-sized ones, then shape into balls. Then use your fingers to gently stretch the dough out..
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Fry gently for 5 mins or until the tomatoes have softened. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened and reduced. Season..
- Preheat the oven to 270C. Spread tomato sauce then topping any ingredients you would like to eat. Then slightly add some olive oil and black pepper. Put it in the oven for 5-7 mins. Then enjoy it!.
This recipe is for a simple, basic pizza dough. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in large bowl. This recipe yields enough dough for one pizza; increase the batches according to the number of pizzas you want to prepare. Don't spend hours making pizza dough! My basic dough recipe is based on classic pizza crust.