Pecan/Jam Cinnamon Rolls.
You can have Pecan/Jam Cinnamon Rolls using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pecan/Jam Cinnamon Rolls
- It's of Dough:.
- You need 3 1/2-4 cups of all purposes flour.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter (unsalted).
- You need 1/4 ounce of packet of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of scalded milk.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar + extra for pan.
- It's 3/4 cup of crushed pecans.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter + more for pan.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of ground cinnamon (or more if you like).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of spreadable jam (any flavor).
- Prepare of Glaze:.
- Prepare 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 4 Tbsp of butter (softened).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3-6 Tbsp of hot water.
Pecan/Jam Cinnamon Rolls step by step
- In this recipe I will be using Pecans and a 10oz jar of spreadable and natural Polanar Seedless Raspberry Jam. Any flavor can be substituted..
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside. In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, salt, melted butter and egg. Add two cups flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast warm mixture. Add remaining flour to make dough thicker. Knead dough on lightly floured flat surface for 5 minutes. Roll into a ball and place in well greased bowl. Cover and let rise until double in size (1 to 1½ hours).
- Remove dough from bowl and roll out on a floured surface into a 15X9 inch rectangle. With a streight edge, cut edges with a pizza cutter to make clean edges all the way around to make uniform. Place removed edges on remaining dough and roll onto dough surface. Brush melted butter over dough surface. Sprinkle mixed cinnamon and sugar on surface and add a thin layer of jam on top. Add a layer of crushed Pecans. At the 15" inch side, roll dough and pinch the ends. Cut dough into 12 or 15 pieces..
- Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pan and let rise until doubled in size (about 45 minutes).
- When done rising, bake at 350° for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- While baking, mix powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Add hot water 1 Tbsp at a time until Glaze appears to be smooth. Let rolls cool and drizzle Glaze over top of rolls. Your Rolls are amazing. Now you can spread the love of all your time and effort that went into making these totally awesome cinnamon rolls!.