Butterscotch Icecream. The butterscotch ice cream starts with a base that I would normally tell you to churn in your ice cream maker, but since I know not everyone has an ice cream maker, I froze this one in the freezer. Butterscotch crunch ice cream is very popular in India however we do not get it here. The butterscotch flavor in India is different from the butterscotch flavor in US.
Making homemade butterscotch ice cream is easy and not difficult. Butterscotch Ice cream recipe without icecream maker and eggs. Butterscotch is a popular confectionery made using brown sugar and butter. You can have Butterscotch Icecream using 16 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butterscotch Icecream
- Prepare For of Icecream-.
- You need 200 ml of full fat milk (Amul Gold Homogenised Standard Milk).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Yellow food colour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of butterscotch essence.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butterscotch granules.
- Prepare For of making granules-.
- You need 1/4 cup of cashews.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need For of garnishing-.
- Prepare as required of Dairy milk chocolate.
- You need Few of Few roughly chopped Almond & cashews.
- It's as required of Chocolate syrup.
This post details the process of making. To make the Butterscotch Ice cream (Indian Butterscotch Ice cream) , take a deep non-stick pan and add the milk into it. Always prefer to use full fat buffalo's milk and not cow's milk or skim milk for. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat egg yolks to blend.
Butterscotch Icecream instructions
- First take 1/4 cup milk aside and boil rest of the milk..
- Flame should be medium..
- Now in 1/4 cup milk add cornflour and mix it well..
- Make sure it is lump free mixture..
- After one boil add sugar and cornflour mixture..
- Stir it continuously..
- When milk turns thick in consistency, turn off the flame..
- Let the mixture cool down on room temperature..
- After that set this mixture into fridge..
- Meanwhile to make butterscotch granules, take a pan and add sugar into it..
- Let sugar caramelized..
- Now add butter and mix it well..
- Add roughly chopped cashews and mix it well..
- Pour the mixture on kitchen surface and flatten it..
- Let it cool down..
- Now break the butterscotch granules and keep aside..
- You can also use ready made butterscotch granules to make this recipe very easy..
- Now take a large pot and add cream into it..
- Beat it until it turns frothy and doubles in quantity..
- Make sure you beat it in one direction..
- Beating for 7-9 minutes cream would be ready..
- Now remove the mixture from fridge..
- Add condensed milk and whipped cream into it and again beat it for 2 minutes..
- After that add yellow food colour and butterscotch essence and mix it well..
- Also add butterscotch granules and mix it..
- Pour the mixture into setting mold and set this Icecream into refrigerator for 6-7 hours..
- After that garnish it with dairy milk chocolate, almond cashews and with chocolate syrup..
- Butterscotch Icecream is ready to be serve..
Turns out, butterscotch ice cream is amazing, amazing enough that I had to make more the following week. A recipe I found online from an old Sunset Magazine brought intentional butterscotch ice. Homemade butterscotch ice cream is sweet and rich - the perfect twist for your regular homemade ice cream routine! Click here to jump straight to the recipe! This ice cream is a real sweet and rich treat!