Black Forest Banana Bread. I considered Banana Split Bread as it really has all of the ingredients of a Banana Split; namely, Bananas, chocolate, cherries and nuts. How to Make Black Forest Banana Bread in a jar. This banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of banana flavor!
Short Answer: The alkaline environment of a batter with baking soda results in discoloration of the pulp fibers. I started to answer this two weeks ago, realized that kitchen science experiments were in order, and had to wait for cooler weather,. With its super-moist texture, buttery banana and brown sugar flavors, and incredibly soft crumb, this is the best ever banana bread recipe. You can cook Black Forest Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Forest Banana Bread
- You need 1 cup of Mashed, ripe bananas (about 2 large).
- It's 1 of 10oz. Jar of maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of flour.
- It's 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 2/3 cup of Packed brown sugar.
- It's 1/3 cup of butter.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of Semi sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1 of chopped nuts(optional).
Moist and delicious banana bread recipe. Easy to make, no need for a mixer! Ripe bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and flour. Thousands of people make it every day.
Black Forest Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 lightly spray 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray..
- Peel and mashed banana. Drain cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice. Coarsely chop cherries.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl until creamy. Mix in bananas, eggs, and reserved cherry juice until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture, chopped cherries, chocolate chips and nuts until blended pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
What a delicious addition to all of my banana bread recipes! What makes this one stand out is the addition of maraschino cherries, chocolate chips and nuts! Banana bread is a type of bread made from mashed bananas. It is often a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread; however there are some banana bread recipes that are traditional-style raised breads. You'll find many recipes in this collection for banana bread made into cookies, waffles, scones.