Homemade Chewy Granola Bars. Watch Us Make Homemade Granola Bars. We have a history with granola bars. A while back, we shared a cooking failure.
Let granola cool and then cut into desired bar shape. Homemade chewy granola bars are an incredibly easy recipe that can serve as a tasty, healthy breakfast, snack, or even a health-conscious dessert. Consider this recipe your new secret weapon. You can have Homemade Chewy Granola Bars using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Chewy Granola Bars
- It's 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn syrup.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter,melted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of quick-cooking oats.
- You need 1/4 cup of sunflower kernels.
- It's 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of toasted wheat germ.
- It's 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
This easy and homemade healthy granola bars recipe is packed with rolled oats, crispy cereal, & mini chocolate chips! These chewy granola bars make such a great breakfast or snack! An easy as can be, no-bake recipe that you can totally customize to your own taste. This is a classic homemade granola bar recipe.
Homemade Chewy Granola Bars instructions
- In a small mixing bowl,combine the brown sugar,peanut butter,corn syrup,butter,and vanilla. Stir in the oats,sunflower kernels,raisins,dried cranberries,wheat germ,and sesame seeds. Fold in the chocolate chips..
- Press into an 8-in square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until set and edges are browned.Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars & Enjoy !.
It's got oats, puffed rice, nuts, and dried fruit, all held together with honey, brown sugar, and nut butter. Homemade Chewy Granola Bars are a cinch to make from pantry staples. Gluten free and kid friendly, they're a great, low-sugar snack option! Hey, maybe the cardinals have just been trying to sneak a peek at my latest recipe that resembles bird food - Homemade Chewy Granola Bars! Granola and pre-packaged granola bars commonly make the list of secretly unhealthy foods for good reason.