Simple thick crust pizza dough. Thin Crust Pizza Dough is a bit different from Regular Pizza Dough. Making a thick crust pizza takes a little longer but it's worth it. **To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you.
Grease the inside of a ziploc bag with cooking spray, drop the dough ball in and seal. Be it thick or thin, a good crust starts with a slow-rising dough. Plan ahead by mixing dough in the morning and letting it rise, refrigerated, all day long. You can have Simple thick crust pizza dough using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple thick crust pizza dough
- You need 17 1/2 oz of AP flour.
- It's 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It's 1 packet (7 g) of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It's 12 1/4 oz of water.
Thick Crust Pizza Dough, Easy Two Crust Pizza, Double Crusted Pizza From Southern Italy, etc. This simple pizza crust is chewy and soft, with a crispy exterior.. My God, could there be a better pizza dough recipe out there thats as easy as this?. This dough results in a pizza with a thin crust and a puffy, chewy cornicione (which is the fancy Italian term for the edge of crust around the rim).
Simple thick crust pizza dough step by step
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, and olive oil and whisk to combine..
- Whisk in the water..
- With a wooden spoon, mix well for about 3 minutes. The dough should be very gooey..
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and set aside for at least 6 hours, but as long as 15 hours is fine, supposedly..
- Preheat the oven to 550F..
- Grease up a baking pan with olive oil. I used a 10" x 14" tray..
- Slide the dough into the pan. Use a greased spoon or spatula to stretch the dough to cover the pan. Try not to push out too much of the gas that's been trapped in the dough..
- Top however you like, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden toasty brown..
Apply a very thin layer of simple sauce. Go easy on a layer of grated dry aged mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano. And apply your other toppings sparingly. This dough produces an amazing brown crust. Recipe for Tomato Sauce: Cut the tomato into half and Place the dough ball on the parchment paper and start spreading the dough into a circle.