Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip. Fried Cod is our favorite fried fish. It's crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. And it is perfect for dunking in homemade tartar sauce.
Cod fish with Greek skordalia (bakaliaros skordalia) with a twist: the cod is marinaded and spit roasted! Spit roast codfish, that is, with skordalia. Fry cod in hot oil until golden. You can have Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip
- You need of Salted, dried cod-fish.
- You need 1 can of beer.
- It's of all purpose flour.
- You need of salt.
- You need 2 of medium garlic cloves.
- It's 2 of day-old slices of bread.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It's 1 handful of walnuts.
- You need of salt and white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- You need of parsley (optional).
Remove to plate lined with paper towels and let drain. Serve with garlic-potato dip, pickled beets, and lemon. Keywords: pan-fried cod fish, codfish, cod fillets. Cod Recipes - Tips and Tricks.
Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip step by step
- Remove the skin on the cod-fish. Let the dried fish soak in water for 24 to 36 hours. Make sure to change the water 3-4 times during the soaking period, to ensure the fish retains all its flavour..
- Prepare the batterin a bowl stir enough flour into the beer, till you achieve a batter thick enough to coat the fish. If necessary, season..
- Bring a large quantity of oil to heat in a non-stick frying pan. When oil is hot, slip the coated fish in. Take care, it will spatter, so take the necessary precautions, and make sure children are not standing too close!.
- It is preferrable to prepare the garlic sauce from the previous day, to allow the flavours to develop. Store, well covered, in the fridge..
- For the garlic dip (skordalia) in a food processor place the bread, garlic, salt, vinegar, nuts and start processing. While the machine is on, pour the oil in a steady, slow stream onto the rest of the ingredients. Once the ingredients are emulsified, taste, and season as preferred..
- I haven't given exact amounts of the ingredients. I have noted the ingredients used, and each time I prepare it, I taste and adjust according to our personal preferrence..
Here are some additional tips to prevent cod falling apart I serve pan-fried cod mostly with a mayo-free German potato salad (see picture below) and/or cucumber salad. That way we enjoy a light meal that is even. Cod is a popular white fish that is meaty and contains very few bones. It's a versatile fish that can be cooked in a number of Prepare the cod fillets. Rinse them under running water for a few minutes and pat them dry with a paper towel to absorb any excess water.