Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip. Today I made fried cod fish with Louisiana Fish Fry seasoning mix. It was quick and easy to make. I love eating fish because it's healthy.
For the garlic dip (skordalia) in a food processor place the bread, garlic, salt, vinegar, nuts and start processing. While the machine is on, pour the oil in a steady, slow stream onto the rest of the ingredients. Once the ingredients are emulsified, taste, and season as preferred. You can cook Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip
- Prepare of Salted, dried cod-fish.
- It's 1 can of beer.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare 2 of medium garlic cloves.
- It's 2 of day-old slices of bread.
- It's 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 handful of walnuts.
- It's of salt and white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- It's of parsley (optional).
For the batter, whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, and beer. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. When you deepfried all cod fish chunks, they are ready to serve! Well, the recipe isn't difficult to make and you can serve this with fries and a bowl of salad on the side.
Fried cod-fish served with a garlic dip instructions
- Remove the skin on the cod-fish. Let the dried fish soak in water for 24 to 36 hours. Make sure to change the water 3-4 times during the soaking period, to ensure the fish retains all its flavour..
- Prepare the batterin a bowl stir enough flour into the beer, till you achieve a batter thick enough to coat the fish. If necessary, season..
- Bring a large quantity of oil to heat in a non-stick frying pan. When oil is hot, slip the coated fish in. Take care, it will spatter, so take the necessary precautions, and make sure children are not standing too close!.
- It is preferrable to prepare the garlic sauce from the previous day, to allow the flavours to develop. Store, well covered, in the fridge..
- For the garlic dip (skordalia) in a food processor place the bread, garlic, salt, vinegar, nuts and start processing. While the machine is on, pour the oil in a steady, slow stream onto the rest of the ingredients. Once the ingredients are emulsified, taste, and season as preferred..
- I haven't given exact amounts of the ingredients. I have noted the ingredients used, and each time I prepare it, I taste and adjust according to our personal preferrence..
Dip the fish in the batter and carefully place it in the hot oil. Fry the fish until golden brown on each side then remove and drain on paper towels. Place the fish on a baking rack over a sheet pan in a warm oven to keep it warm and crisp until ready to serve. There's nothing better than biting into a filet of rich, flaky, buttery cod fish. Especially when you pair it up with classic sides like coleslaw, french fries, hush puppies, or mac and cheese.