Dewhursts' Welsh Rarebit.
You can cook Dewhursts' Welsh Rarebit using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dewhursts' Welsh Rarebit
- It's 30 grams of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of milk or beer.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worcester sauce.
- It's 150 grams of lancashire cheese (grated).
- You need 1 each of salad tomato (thinly sliced) (optional).
- It's 2 large of egg yolks.
- It's 4 slice of bread.
Dewhursts' Welsh Rarebit instructions
- Preheat a grill on a high heat..
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the milk/beer and worcester sauce and stir for a few seconds. Add the cheese and tomato and gently cook on a medium heat stirring continuously until the cheese has melted (do not boil the mixture.) Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before whisking in the egg yolks..
- Lightly toast 4 slices of bread in a toaster or under a grill and spread the rarebit over the toast. Place under a hot grill for a bout a minute or 2 and serve..