Basic pizza dough. This recipe for everyday pizza dough is one we've worked on together over the years, tweaking something here and adding something there, until finally coming to a consensus. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
Well, at any rate, knowing how to make a good basic pizza dough will get you far, because it's easy. Learn how to make a perfect pizza dough from scratch at home. This homemade pizza dough recipe is very easy to make and made with basic ingredients easily. You can cook Basic pizza dough using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic pizza dough
- You need of 4 pizza doughs.
- It's 450 g of 00 pasta flour (or strong flour).
- Prepare 250 ml of lukewarm water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of salt.
- It's of tomato sauce for 2 pizza doughs.
- Prepare 200 g of canned plum tomato.
- It's 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- It's of black pepper.
- You need of Chili powder.
- Prepare of thyme.
- It's of oregano.
- It's of salt.
- Prepare of Topping ingredients.
- It's of mozzarella.
- Prepare of mushrooms.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of black pepper.
This recipe is for a simple, basic pizza dough. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in large bowl. Reviewers say this basic pizza dough recipe makes the best crust they've ever eaten. So the next time you're in the mood for pizza, make your own.
Basic pizza dough step by step
- Mix the yeast and sugar into the lukewarm water. Then wait 5 mins before using the liquid to see if the yeast is working – little bits will start to rise to the top and you’ll know it’s active..
- Put the flour and salt in the bowl and mix with the water prepared in 1st step. Knead for 5-7 mins until the dough is shiny and it springs back when you press your finger into it..
- Cover tightly with cling film and then a tea towel. Place in a draught-free area that’s warm and leave until the dough has doubled in size. If it’s a hot day, it should only take 2 hrs to rise, but it could take 4 hrs if it’s cold. (If you don’t plan to use the dough for a day or two, place it in the fridge straight away; take it out 3-4 hrs before using. Punch it down first and bring it together on a floured surface.).
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces for plate-sized ones, then shape into balls. Then use your fingers to gently stretch the dough out..
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Fry gently for 5 mins or until the tomatoes have softened. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened and reduced. Season..
- Preheat the oven to 270C. Spread tomato sauce then topping any ingredients you would like to eat. Then slightly add some olive oil and black pepper. Put it in the oven for 5-7 mins. Then enjoy it!.
Use the crust recipe as is or add. This is my basic pizza dough recipe. It is good for stromboli also. To bake, top with your favorite sauce, cheese, etc. A simple and versatile Italian-style dough that can be chilled or frozen, then shaped and cooked by oven or barbecue.