Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars.
You can have Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars
- It's 1 cup of Uncooked quinoa.
- Prepare 1 cup of Oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of Coconut.
- Prepare 1 cup of Combination of nuts and dried fruits ex: pecan.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Peanut butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of Honey.
- It's 1 tbsp of Canola oil.
- It's 3 tbsp of Brown sugar.
Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a ceramic or glass 9X13 inch baking dish. Spread oats and quinoa on a cookie sheet and toast in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Return mixture to a large bowl and add coconut, nuts, and dried fruit. In a medium saucepan, combine salt, peanut butter, honey, oil, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and immediately remove from heat. Pour over oats mixture and combine until dry ingredients are evenly coated. Pour into baking dish. Press mixture down into pan.Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for up to 2 hours and then cut and serve..
- For a tastier treat, we took: 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 TBL oil.
- Melted in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring until melted. Cut the granola bars, and dipped each one in the chocolate, and let sit on a piece of parchment paper until it hardened..