Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough.
You can have Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough
- Prepare 150 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 150 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1 tsp of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 150 ml of Lukewarm water (about 40℃).
- It's 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
Authentic Homemade Pizza Dough instructions
- Sift together the bread flour and cake flour into a bowl. Add the salt, and mix until it is evenly distributed..
- In a separate bowl, mix the lukewarm water, dry yeast, and sugar and let it sit for about 10 minutes. It's done when it starts to bubble..
- Add the mixture from Step 2 into the bowl from Step 1 in 4 to 5 batches, mixing with each addition. Mix well while making sure the moisture gets evenly distributed..
- Once the dough comes together, knead for 7 to 8 minutes..
- Add olive oil, and knead again for 7 to 8 minutes. Once the oil is thoroughly incorporated, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it to rise for about 1 hour at room temperature..
- The dough will rise to about twice its size. During the cold season, let it rise by warming the bowl with about 40℃ lukewarm water..
- Push the middle of the dough with your finger. It's done if it doesn't come back out..
- Remove the gas by gently pushing the dough with your palm..
- Divide the dough into four. (If quartered, the pizzas will be rather small. If you want a bigger size, you can just divide into two. Please adjust it to your preference.).
- Freeze the ones you're not using. Let them defrost at room temperature when using. It will be a little less tasty though..
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, and roll it out about 5 mm thick. Coat the rolling pin with cake flour beforehand..
- Add toppings of your choice and it's done after baking it for about 12 to 15 minutes in a 220℃ preheated oven..