Mocha-Chocolate French Bread. Place the chocolate bars on top and cover with the remaining half of the biscuit mixture. This mocha cake recipe is as luscious as it looks. Gateau moka is made from Genoise cake layers, frosted with coffee buttercream and decorated with I baked this mocha cake recipe in response to a reader's request for a dessert like the one he remembered from his younger days spent in France.
Hot creamy mocha gives the great taste without the big price tag. DIY drink right from your kitchen. Photo credit: My impressive and wonderful husband. Til we meet and eat again, FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread. You can cook Mocha-Chocolate French Bread using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mocha-Chocolate French Bread
- You need 200 grams of French Bread flour (Semi-strong bread flour).
- Prepare 1 of (if unavailable, use strong bread flour + cake flour).
- It's 4 grams of Sugar.
- You need 3 grams of Salt.
- You need 2 grams of Instant dry yeast.
- It's 140 grams of Water (During the cold months, use lukewarm water).
- It's 3 grams of Instant coffee.
- You need 7 grams of Sugarless cocoa powder.
- Prepare 40 grams of Beer of your choice.
- You need 40 grams of Chocolate chips.
Detailed step-by-step recipe suitable for baking rookies! they make a very good chocolate bread, too. In French, the concept of chocolate bread poses a slight semantics problem, because the name pain au chocolat (literally, chocolate. Cocoa and peppermint = super delicious! Topped with crushed candy canes, mini chocolate chips and whipped cream.
Mocha-Chocolate French Bread step by step
- In a bowl, lightly mix together the powdered ingredients (everything except the water, beer, and chocolate chips) with a whisk..
- Add the water and beer into Step 1 and mix until no longer floury..
- Let sit for 20 minutes and then punch it 3 times (bring the dough together from the outside to the inside as if folding it). The photo shows the dough after the third punch..
- Let the bread rise until about double in size. (The photo shows the dough after rising for 30 minutes using the oven's bread function)..
- Divide into 2 and fold each into thirds. Let sit for 10 minutes..
- Place the seam from folding on the bottom and use your hands to punch the dough and spread it out. Place the chocolate (chips) on top and embed them in by lightly pushing..
- Fold over half of the dough..
- Fold the dough over 3/4 of the way by using your thumb to hold down the previously folded edge from Step 7..
- When finished folding, tightly close the seam use a folded cloth to make wall in the middle. Dust the cloth with flour (unlisted) while completing this step..
- Let it rise a second time until about 1.5 times larger. Preheat the oven while waiting for the second rising to complete..
- Preheat the oven to the highest available temperature for 20 minutes. Move the dough to a sheet of parchment paper and dust with joshinko (not listed). Cut out some pieces of dough on the top to make notches..
- When the oven has finished preheating, thoroughly spray the dough with water and place on the topmost rack in the oven. Tip: Close the oven door and let it sit for 3 minutes..
- Bake for 10 minutes at 240°C. Lower the temperature to 200°C and bake for another 15 minutes..
I used sliced baguettes to make these super cute mini french toasts, but you can use larger slices of bread. This peppermint mocha french toast tastes chocolatey! How to Make Chocolate Cake IV. Mocha Hot Chocolate keeps me warm for long time, and I get to enjoy a little caffeine from the coffee. Nutmeg adds some heat to the flavor, and if you like to omit nutmeg, you can use cinnamon and you'll enjoy this drink just the same.