Chewy and Soft Pizza Dough. Pizza dough is the foundation and every great pizza begins with a great pizza crust. Some like thin and crisp pizza crust, while others prefer thick and soft pizza crust. This homemade pizza crust has it all: soft & chewy with a delicious crisp and AWESOME flavor.
I have never made pizza dough from scratch before, and after the success of this pizza, I wont be. You also might want to consider cultivating a sourdough pizza crust, which Nobody mentioned the flour, I use bread flour for pizza crust and add a bit of gluten too. The gluten and kneading help produce the chewy, elastic crust. You can have Chewy and Soft Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chewy and Soft Pizza Dough
- You need 210 grams of Bread flour.
- You need 90 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 195 grams of Lukewarm water (about 35-36℃).
- It's 7 grams of Natural yeast (or fresh yeast).
- Prepare 15 grams of Sugar.
- It's 2 grams of Salt.
I kept this pizza dough recipe as simple and approachable as possible. It's made with all-purpose flour (and notes on how to substitute that flour, in case you want to I find that the biggest difference is that using bread flour gives my pizza dough a crispier crust, while the all purpose flour yields a softer one. We are a pizza loving family. And for years, I searched and searched and searched for the perfect pizza dough recipe.
Chewy and Soft Pizza Dough step by step
- Sprinkle the yeast granules into the lukewarm water. The yeast will sink if the water temperature is too cold or too hot..
- Add the salt, dry ingredients, and sugar in the pan of the bread machine. If the salt touches the yeast directly, the power of the yeast will weaken. So add the salt at the bottom..
- Once the yeast from Step 1 has soaked for about 5 minutes, gently stir, to dissolve the yeast with a spoon, and pour it into the pan..
- Chose the "pizza dough setting" on the bread machine and press start. When the bread machine beeps to let you know it is done, take it out of the pan. Dust a working surface with some flour to prevent it from sticking..
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces, and roll into balls. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Cover the bowl, so the dough does not dry up..
- The dough is done!! Make pizza with your favorite toppings..
- You don't need to use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Simply lift up one of the edges of the dough, and it will start stretching with gravity..
- "Chestnut, Walnut and Cream Cheese Fall Pizza". It can be a dessert pizza or an accompaniment for a glass of wine. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/158972-autumn-pizza-with-chestnut-walnut-and-cream-cheese-pizza.
- "Eggplant, Bacon and Cheese Pizza". The bite-sized cheese and eggplant is excellent. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/159164-delicious-eggplant-bacon-cheese-pizza.
- "Bacon, Green Beans, and Cherry Tomatoes Pizza". The fresh texture of the cherry tomato is great. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/159366-bacon-green-beans-and-cherry-tomato-pizza.
The bottom was crisp, the crust pillowy soft with the perfect chewy bite. My boys and I are in pizza heaven! Pick the dough up and drape it over The perfect soft and chewy all-purpose sourdough pizza crust for weeknights or pizza parties. Pizza dough is an oven-baked flat bread generally topped with tomato sauce, meat and cheese. For more easy and yummy recipes Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.