Bolognese Sauce. This Bolognese sauce is dedicated to the late great Marcella Hazan. She was considered the Julia Child of Italian food, and at a time when most Americans thought 'Bolognese' was spaghetti sauce. Our best ever spaghetti bolognese is super easy and a true Italian classic with a meaty, chilli sauce.
How to Make a Classic Bolognese Sauce (Sugo alla Bolognese). Bolognese is so much more than just a meat sauce. A classic Bolognese Sauce should be in every home cook's repertoire! You can have Bolognese Sauce using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bolognese Sauce
- Prepare 400 kg of mince meat.
- It's 1 of chopped onion and 1 finely chopped garlic clove.
- It's 4-5 tbsp of ketchup and 2-3 tbsp WoreChester sauce.
- It's 1 cup of red wine, salt n pepper to taste and extra Virgin olive oi.
My version is smooth, rich, hearty and slow cooked to perfection. The very essence of Italian comfort food! Instead, the sauce should release the occasional small bubble or two. When finished, the sauce Best bolognese I have ever made!
Bolognese Sauce instructions
- Put oil (enough to cover the bottom) into a pan and place on medium heat then add the onion let them go soft after add the garlic let cook for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes put in the mince meat add salt n pepper to taste cook until all browned,then add the cup of red wine put the lid on and let cook until wine has reduced..
- Once wine has reduced put in the tomatoes,ketchup and WoreChester sauce add more salt if needed stir well,turn down the heat to low put the lid back on and cook for at least an hour - stiring when needed add hot water if it gets too dry..
Limited groceries on hand so I didn't have. Bolognese sauce is a classic Italian sauce for pasta made with ground meat such as beef or pork. It's slow cooked with a soffritto of onions, carrots, and celery, tomatoes, and milk to give it a creamy texture. Italian Bolognese Sauce produces a simply unforgettable pasta dish! Bolognese sauce has long been the generic name for a meat and tomato pasta sauce in North America.