Neapolitan Pizza Dough. Neapolitan pizza is made from a lean dough—that is, it's got nothing but flour, water, salt, and yeast. With so few ingredients, the key to great Neapolitan pizza crust is a good. In this tutorial, I will show you how to make a Neapolitan pizza Dough!
Remember that Neapolitan pizza dough fermentation is a function of time and temperature. Once you commit to a temperature you kind of need to stick to it… Ball your dough. Some people will tell you "Making Neapolitan pizza at home, without a wood-burning oven, is impossible!" All you have to do here is type in what kind of pizza you want to make - Neapolitan, in this case -, how big you want them to be You've made your own pizza dough. You can cook Neapolitan Pizza Dough using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Neapolitan Pizza Dough
- It's 165 grams of Flour (Caputo 00 flour is best, bread flour is good).
- Prepare 3 1/5 grams of Salt (Kosher or Table).
- You need 2 2/5 grams of Instant Yeast (I use Fleischmann's quick-rise).
- Prepare 104 grams of Water.
Now it's time to make pizzzaaasss! A Neapolitan pizza dough is delicate, light and slightly chewy. This Neapolitan pizza dough recipe is simple yet delicious. With only a few ingredients and even fewer steps, you're ready to roll.
Neapolitan Pizza Dough step by step
- Note for bakers: The weights in this recipe can be represented as ratios for easily calculating required ingredients for large batches. The salt, yeast, water, are represented as percentages of the initial weight of the flour used. The ratios are as follows: Flour: 100% Salt: 2% Instant yeast: 1.5 % Water: 65% For example if you want 10 pizza's, multiply the 160g of flour per pizza by 10 (equals 1,600g). Then multiply 1,600 by 0.02 to find the required salt, 0.015 for the yeast, 0.65 for the water..
- Combine flour, salt, yeast in a large bowl and mix until homogeneous..
- Add water and incorporate into dry ingredients using hands or mixer on slow speed until no dry flour remains on bottom of bowl..
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours..
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and divide into 270g even balls. Place each in a covered quart-sized deli container or in a zipper-lock freezer bag. Place in refrigerator and allow to rise at least 2 more days, and up to 4..
- Remove from refrigerator, shape into balls, and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours before baking..
- Bake as hot as possible (if you have the right equipment, 900-1,000 Fahrenheit) until crust is darkened and toppings bubble (2-3 minutes if cooking at 900 Fahrenheit)..
Mike Fitzick, also known as The Pizza Jew recently flew over to Gozney HQ to share his tips and tricks for the perfect Roccbox pizzas. Mike lifted the lid on this top secret dough recipe. An authentic, low hydration, Neapolitan pizza dough recipe formulated specifically for wood fire Combine pizza flour with water and yeast, mixing just long enough so the dough comes together in a. The Neapolitan Pizza Dough always starts with the water, whether this be for technical or traditional reasons. So which water is best to use?