Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread.
You can have Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread
- It's of all purpose flour.
- You need of cornmeal.
- It's of sugar.
- It's of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need of milk.
- You need of beer.
- You need of eggs beaten.
- Prepare of butter unmelted.
- Prepare of butter melted.
- You need of ozs shredded cheddar cheese.
- It's of Jalapenos 3-4 tablespoons roughly chopped or fresh.
- It's of jalapeno slices for the top, optional.
- You need of additional shredded cheese of choice, optional.
Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread step by step
- In a large bowl sift dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients including chopped jalapenos and cheese but not the 1/4 cup of additional cheese and fresh jalapenos..
- Quickly add the wet mix to the dry and stir until the batter is almost smooth. It will be very thick..
- Heat oven to 425* and let the batter rest while oven heats up..
- Grease a large cast iron skillet with the 1/4 stick of butter. I drop the butter in my skillet and heat the pan up in the oven until the butter just starts to sizzle. You don't have to heat pan and skillet but it's how I make mine..
- Remove buttered pan from oven if using my heated pan w/butter, with an oven mitt of course. Scrape the batter into the sizzling buttered skillet and smooth the top..
- Bake 30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. If using additional cheese and jalapenos, Bake for about 15 mins remove from oven place the optional jalapenos and optional 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top and place back into the oven and cook another 15-20 minutes until golden brown, or a toothpick comes out clean..