You can have Easy Hummus using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Hummus
- You need 225-240 g of canned chickpeas (garbanzos).
- You need 2-3 tbsp of almond butter, or Skippy (or tahini if you have one).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It's 2-4 of garlic cloves, to taste.
- It's Dash of salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin (optional).
- It's 1/8 cup of lemon / lime juice (or juice out 4-6 pcs of calamansi).
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of "cold" water (trick of the trade).
- You need Dash of paprika or cayenne pepper, as garnish.
- Prepare Dash of olive oil, as garnish.
Easy Hummus instructions
- On a blender / bullet / food processor, combine nut butter (or tahini), and olive oil and pulse until smooth..
- Add all the remaining ingredients, pulse until smooth. If puree appear to be tacky or thick, add 1-2 tbsp of water then pulse again. NOTE!: If you have LOTS of time and want to make extra creamy hummus, peel off the chickpea membranes before you puree them..
- Taste test to know if you need to adjust according to your own preference..
- Transfer puree on a serving bowl. With a spoon, gently glide it on top of the puree to create a pleasantly looking swirl, then drizzle a dash of paprika and olive oil..
- Serve as a dip, as a bread spread, as a salad dressing, OR use as your alternative to cheese or mayonnaise that your other recipe calls for..