Warming Bolognese with chorizo.
You can have Warming Bolognese with chorizo using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Warming Bolognese with chorizo
- Prepare 1/2 kg of minced beef.
- It's 2 large of onions.
- It's 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 10 of Vine Tomatoes.
- It's tsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It's pinch of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- It's 1 small of fresh ginger.
- You need pinch of lime zest.
- It's tsp of mild paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 pints of chicken stock.
- You need 1 piece of Chorizo sausage.
- It's dash of worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1/2 of fresh chilli.
Warming Bolognese with chorizo step by step
- Finely chop both onions and place in a large pot on medium heat with all the minced beef and some oil.
- Use a wooden spoon to break up the beef and add salt and black pepper to taste ( i always grind loads of pepper in. Beef loves pepper). Cook until all the beef is brown. (5-10 mins) It can stick to the pan easily at this point so keep stirring and breaking it up until it has settled down.
- Meanwhile Chop up all the tomatoes in to roughly 1 inch pieces. Leaving the skin on. And chuck em in the pot once the mince is done. No problem if you add a couple at a time to clear space on the chopping board. These bad boys are in it for the long haul..
- Stir in the tomatoes so that they start breaking down. Finely Chop up the garlic, ginger (1 cm cubed) and red chilli (if your not into stuff thats too spicy. You can scrape out all the chilli seeds first) add them in to the pot along with the paprika..
- chop up the chorizo ( 3 inch piece) into small cubes and add them to the pot. Finely grate some lime peel in..
- Leave this mix cooking until the tomatoes have broken down considerably. Stirring frequently to help it along (10-20 mins) then add the rest of the ingredients. Stock, worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and tomato puree.
- Switch the heat down to just low enough to simmer. Leave it to simmer until the bolognese reduces enough to pile up when you stir it. Stir every 5 mins. (45 mins).
- Your bolognese is now ready. Switch off the heat and melt in a knob of butter for best results. No problem to re-heat in the microwave 2-3 mins. Will keep in the fridge for roughly 4-5 days..
- Good with any type of pasta. Or, good god yes, inside toasted sandwiches with cheese. I've been known to microwave a bowlfull and eat itlike a stew with buttered bread..