Slow Cooker Tomato Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage.
You can have Slow Cooker Tomato Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Tomato Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage
- You need 12 oz. of Italian Sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare 28 oz. of canned tomatoes, unsalted.
- You need 1 cup of unsalted stock.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper, cored and chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh Italian parsley.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- It's 6 of garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed.
- It's 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt to start.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
Slow Cooker Tomato Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage step by step
- Throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker..
- Give it all a few good stirs..
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 4 to 5. It's a good idea to stir occasionally if you can to redistribute the seasonings. About 30 mins before you turn off the cooker is a good time to adjust seasonings so they can absorb - more salt if needed, maybe a pinch or two of sugar if your tomatoes are extra acidic, maybe a dash of Balsamic or extra Worcestershire if your tomatoes aren't tangy enough....
- A warning about high setting - it can get pretty hot depending on volume & surface area. I have an 8.5 quart slow cooker, which means greater surface area and, as a result, a higher heat for the volume. At 4 hrs on high, I could smell the sugars from the tomatoes and ketchup going from caramelized to burnt on the sides. Less likely to happen if you have a smaller capacity cooker..
- As a general rule, the lower the volume and/or the greater the surface area of the cooking vessel, the less the cook time. And there you have it. :).
- Enjoy with pasta of choice..