Easy thai deep fried banana dessert. Fried bananas are a popular dessert and snack food in Thailand and throughout Southeast Asia. It's difficult to make fried bananas as good as those sold by street-food vendors in Thailand and elsewhere. That said, this recipe is as close as it can get and gets rave reviews from Thai and.
While I've never been a big fan of eating bananas plain from the peel, caramelized bananas…bananas foster…oh, and those deep fried banana egg roll desserts…they all make me. How to make deep fried bananas (banana empanada). These fried bananas, known in Brazil as banana empanada, is a very versatile dish. You can have Easy thai deep fried banana dessert using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy thai deep fried banana dessert
- It's of Main.
- You need 3 medium of to large bananas slice into medium to thick pieces.
- You need 4 cup of oil to deep fry.. Use 3 - 4 cups depending.
- It's of batter.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice flour (or all purpose).
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- It's 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- It's 3/4 cup of water.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded coconut(optional).
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 1 of ice cream scoop.
- It's 1 tbsp of maple syrup drizzled over or alternative.
It can be served both as a dessert, like you did with. Thai Fried Bananas กล้วยแขก (gluay kag). Thai bananas are coated in tapioca and coconut and deep fried for a lightly sweet Asian-inspired treat. Completely coat each banana slice in batter, then fry in hot oil until golden.
Easy thai deep fried banana dessert step by step
- chop bananas into equal portions.
- heat up oil on low - medium heat.
- mix all the dry ingredients together.
- slowly add the water to the dry ingredients making a thick batter.
- dip the banana pieces in the batter , once oil has heated place in the oil.
- Turn the bananas once theyre half cooked on the one side. Should be a minute on either side or until golden brown and crispy.
- remove and drain on kitchen towel to remove any excess oil.
- serve with vanilla icecream. Drizzle maple syrup or alternative. Enjoy.
I made these for a multicultural potluck at school. To make the recipe easier and cut down on costs i used instant. The fried bananas are one of my favourite desserts, but I hardly make them at home as I tend to avoid cooking too many deep fried dishes. Once ready, serve the Thai Crispy Fried Bananas as an tea time snack or even as a dessert served along with vanilla ice cream. Fried Thai banana fritters are like nature's candy.