Crispy Chicken Nuggets (Just Like KFC's!).
You can have Crispy Chicken Nuggets (Just Like KFC's!) using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Chicken Nuggets (Just Like KFC's!)
- Prepare 2 of Chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of Sake.
- It's 1/8 of of an onion Grated onion.
- It's 1 clove of Grated garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of The juice from grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 dash of of each Soy sauce and honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cake flour.
- It's of For the batter:.
- Prepare 50 grams of ○ Dried panko.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ○ Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ○ Cake flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of ○ Katakuriko or cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ○ Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ○ Baking powder.
- It's 1 of ○ Pepper.
- It's 250 ml of Beer.
Crispy Chicken Nuggets (Just Like KFC's!) step by step
- Cut the meat into strips along the grain..
- Put the chicken and all the ingredients up to the soy sauce and honey in a bowl and rub in well with your hands. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, wipe the excess moisture off the chicken pieces and add 1 tablespoon of cake flour. That way the batter will stick well to the chicken..
- To make the batter: Put the panko in a resealable bag and crush into a fine powder by rolling a rolling pin over the bag. You can also do this in a food mill or food processor..
- Put the crushed panko and the remaining ingredients marked with ○ in a bowl and mix to combine. Add 250 ml of beer and mix until blended..
- The batter should be about the consistency of heavy cream. If it's too thick add a little more beer, mixing between additions..
- Pour cooking oil in a frying pan and heat over medium to about 170℃. Coat each piece of chicken in batter and deep fry..
- To avoid the batter from cracking and falling off, turn the pieces over gently after about 30 seconds even if the surface has not hardened. When the pieces are golden brown, take them out and drain off the oil very well to finish..