Citrusy Cinnamon Rolls. Take cinnamon rolls to the next level by incorporating mashed yellow potatoes and orange juice and zest into the mix. Wake up your family to the enticing aroma of citrusy Orange-Cinnamon Rolls baking in the oven. Classic cinnamon rolls get a zingy update with this citrus-glazed twist.
This homemade cinnamon rolls are super tasty and super easy to make and cheap. Let,s dive into the world of baking and have fun Subscribe for the new video. Dry lemon and orange on a dark mirror background. You can have Citrusy Cinnamon Rolls using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Citrusy Cinnamon Rolls
- You need of Dough.
- It's of all purpose flour plus 3 tablespoons.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- It's of rapid rise yeast.
- It's of kosher salt.
- It's of milk.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- You need of beaten eggs - room temperature.
- It's of Filling.
- Prepare of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- You need of nutmeg.
- Prepare of orange zest.
- It's of melted butter.
- Prepare of Icing.
- It's of softened cream cheese.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- It's of vanilla extract.
- You need of lemon zest.
- You need of powdered sugar.
Best Ever Cinnamon Rolls with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing ~ Recipe. These are hands down the best Cinnamon Rolls I've ever had! They're incredibly soft, fluffy, warm and gooey. Cinnamon rolls buns with cocoa filling on parchment paper.
Citrusy Cinnamon Rolls step by step
- Mix 3 tablespoons of flour with 1/2 cup of water. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it forms a thick paste. Set aside..
- In a saucepan add milk and butter. Let warm until butter melts. Remove from heat and let mixture cool..
- Whisk together remaining flour, yeast, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, flour paste, and cooled milk/butter mixture to the mixture of dry ingredients until a ball of dough is formed. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes or until smooth. Add flour to the surface if the dough is too sticky..
- Spray mixing bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough ball in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise until doubled in size, or for about an hour..
- Filling - Stir together brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, and butter.
- Place risen dough onto floured surface and roll into a rectangle. Spread filling evenly to the edges of the dough. Roll dough into a log and cut into 12 2-inch pieces. Place rolls in a 13x9 greased baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and let rolls rise until they are puffy (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 375F. Uncover rolls and bake until golden (25-30 minutes). Let cool for 5 minutes..
- Icing - Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and lemon zest. Slowly stir in powdered sugar..
- Generously spread icing onto warm rolls. Serve warm and ENJOY!.
Bowl of Homemade Cabbage Rolls in a tangy Tomato Sauce Fresh Homemade Bread. Cinnamon Rolls - The Quest with Vietnamese Cinnamon. Every once in a while, I get obsessive. Usually it's over something sweet, but that may be. These Homemade Cinnamon Rolls taste like they came from a bakery!