California Whole Grain Cinnamon/Dinner Rolls.
You can cook California Whole Grain Cinnamon/Dinner Rolls using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Whole Grain Cinnamon/Dinner Rolls
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 6 cups of 100% whole wheat flour*.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of yeast, instant dry or 2/4 cups of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of melted butter.
- It's 2 1/2 cups of milk (warm).
California Whole Grain Cinnamon/Dinner Rolls instructions
- In a mixer a stand mixer, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs. Let it rest for 2 to 3 minutes until looks bubbly..
- Add the flour, one cup at a time to the previous mixture untill all combine at low speed. Once all combined, increase the speed. Mix for 2 more minutes. The dough will look smooth, not sticky or wet, not dry. If wet, add a bit more flour (1-2 tbsp). If dry, add 1-2 tbsp of water..
- Leave the dough resting in a bowl with oil on the bottom for prevent sticking. About 1 hour raise..
- After 1 hour when the dough has doubled in size, start shaping the dinner rolls or cinnamon rolls. For dinner rolls, you take dough and shape it into round balls, about 3/4 size of palm of your hand. For cinnamon rolls, take about 1/4 of the entire dough and rolls it into a flat dough (about 1/ inch)..
- For cinnamon rolls. Spread the filling on top of the flattened dough. Follow the following for the filling: 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of ground cinnamon, 2 tbsp of flour, 1/2 cup of softened butter. Mix. This Mixture will need to be used to all the dough. For 1/4 of flattened dough, use 1/4 of mixture. Roll it tightly. Cup in about 1 inch size rolls..
- Either the dinner rolls or the cinnamon rolls go into a greased pan, closely together. Let rise for 30 minutes. Then bake for 20 minutes at 350 F. For dinner rolls spread butter on top, or for cinnamon rolls spread a cream cheese frosting on top..
- Whole wheat flour. Best to use bread whole wheat flour (4 cups) and 2 cups of regular whole wheat flour..